Author Topic: New Forest 200 Perm Sat 7th March  (Read 2650 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
New Forest 200 Perm Sat 7th March
« on: 05 March, 2009, 09:10:39 pm »
I've an errand to run in Southampton on Saturday so the only sensible thing to do is pull the NEW FOREST 200 perm routesheet and brevet from the drawer and go for a ride whilst I'm down there. Its a loop the loop route within the New Forest area. I'll start from Lyndhurst about 8am. Some company would be welcome so if you fancy some New Forest miles do PM me. Transport from west london down available on application.

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
Re: New Forest 200 Perm Sat 7th March
« Reply #1 on: 06 March, 2009, 12:25:09 am »
I am down in Devon otherwise I would have been with you.

Have you poked young Scampi, LEE, The Chillmoister, Keeks or Urban_Biker?

H

Manotea

« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2009, 12:42:25 am »
I am down in Devon otherwise I would have been with you.

Have you poked young Scampi, LEE, The Chillmoister, Keeks or Urban_Biker?

H
Cheers Hummers, PMs away!

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2009, 10:18:49 am »
I'm afraid I get to do decorating this weekend, combined with building a new rim onto the rear wheel of my Galaxy, so no riding for me unfortunately.

I have to book my weekend rides months in advance anyway ;)  Hope you have a great day Paul. Fingers crossed for weather like today.
Owner of a languishing Langster

LEE

« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2009, 01:15:36 pm »
Can't do I'm afraid.  Used my 'passes' up.

Plus, anyone who knows me will tell you I start crying when I enter the New Forest on a bike now.  (I think I may be New Forested out)

Manotea

« Reply #5 on: 06 March, 2009, 06:04:10 pm »
Can't do I'm afraid.  Used my 'passes' up.

Plus, anyone who knows me will tell you I start crying when I enter the New Forest on a bike now.  (I think I may be New Forested out)
Still a bit of a treat for me. Its a 300km round trip starting from home and just a dip in and out, so it will make a change to spend the day there.

« Reply #6 on: 06 March, 2009, 07:14:11 pm »
It's a really nice ride - the first perm I ever did, as well.  Hope you have god weather for it.

Manotea

« Reply #7 on: 08 March, 2009, 01:08:43 am »
Had my ride today but packed after 140km. About 50km I found myself some company on the road who had ridden  a couple of audaxes and was going my way (Fordingbridge) so we rode on together and thence on to Brockenhurst. We lost some time at controls and a bit on the the road but I was more than happy to have some company as looping the loop within the New Forest was 'doing my head in'. I get the same thing with the 'Uts rides to be honest. I much prefer touring rides where you cover new terrain through the day and there is a sense of going somewhere.. After a promising start the weather started to fade to a cold wind with threatening rain clouds, so the sensible thing to do was call it a day as I had other matters to attend to. Still, a good day out pushing a longer gear then normal (75") with a new friend. Excellent!

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #8 on: 09 March, 2009, 09:00:54 am »
. . .  . I was more than happy to have some company as looping the loop within the New Forest was 'doing my head in'. I get the same thing with the 'Uts rides to be honest. I much prefer touring rides where you cover new terrain through the day and there is a sense of going somewhere..

I have to agree with you. I've done that New Forest 200k twice now and although I loved it the first time, I don't think I could do it again now. The New Forest is beginning to bore me rigid.
Owner of a languishing Langster

Martin

« Reply #9 on: 09 March, 2009, 01:39:23 pm »
. . .  . I was more than happy to have some company as looping the loop within the New Forest was 'doing my head in'. I get the same thing with the 'Uts rides to be honest. I much prefer touring rides where you cover new terrain through the day and there is a sense of going somewhere..

I have to agree with you. I've done that New Forest 200k twice now and although I loved it the first time, I don't think I could do it again now. The New Forest is beginning to bore me rigid.

I haven't done the New Forest on road since Pam's 200 2 years ago; must clear a space in my diary for the NFO/OS (6th Sept) as I won't have done the IOW this year either

Bad luck Manotea  :(

LEE

« Reply #10 on: 09 March, 2009, 03:29:20 pm »
I enjoyed the Lymington on/off shore 200 last year and would like to do it again this year. 

The ferry trips break the ride up and the 2nd 100km through the New Forest was a blur as I clung onto the back of Postie's group.

Manotea

« Reply #11 on: 09 March, 2009, 06:35:46 pm »
Bad luck Manotea  :(

No commiserations necessary. I had a great time.