Author Topic: Cheltenham flyer  (Read 1572 times)

Tiger

Cheltenham flyer
« on: 06 March, 2009, 02:19:42 pm »
Many doing this - seems starengley quiet compared to teh rush for the Kennet & Avon last week. I will be there - did it last in 2007 and recall it was the most atrocious weather - wind, snow, sleet, rain, you name it. Quite a long 200 with a finish in dark Chilterns among the squinty banjo pickers.

Re: Cheltenham flyer
« Reply #1 on: 06 March, 2009, 02:44:28 pm »
Me, Grub, Jaded at least.

It's usually quite a busy ride, with excellent controls apart from the first one.

« Reply #2 on: 06 March, 2009, 02:59:30 pm »
I should be there tomorrow morning.  Bright eyed and bushy tailed  :thumbsup:

« Reply #3 on: 06 March, 2009, 04:52:11 pm »
Quite a long 200 with a finish in dark Chilterns among the squinty banjo pickers.
It would be a VERY long 200 if you find yourself anywhere near the Chilterns on the Cheltenham Flyer.

Did you mean "Cotswolds" or are you referring to the Chiltern Cotswold Brevet?

Tiger

« Reply #4 on: 06 March, 2009, 05:11:26 pm »
Quite a long 200 with a finish in dark Chilterns among the squinty banjo pickers.
It would be a VERY long 200 if you find yourself anywhere near the Chilterns on the Cheltenham Flyer.

Did you mean "Cotswolds" or are you referring to the Chiltern Cotswold Brevet?
You are quite right. Once again I have confused my rides. I was going to set out tomorrow for High Wycombe to ride the Cotswod Chiltern Brevet - which is not actually tomorrow at all.  This after having nearly set off for Cheltenham a couple of weeks back to ride something entirely fofferent, but with the Cheltenham flyer plotted as the route. 
I think this sort of thing happens more often as one gets older.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #5 on: 06 March, 2009, 07:04:40 pm »
I'll be there, I wonder if I'll finish with more that seven minutes to spare this time (Two years ago I spent 45 minutes riding round Cheltenham town centre looking for the finish, when it was in the outskirts of town).

« Reply #6 on: 06 March, 2009, 08:05:44 pm »
See above.  ;D