Author Topic: Need Help with Wiltshire White Horses track, I'm lost near Bushton  (Read 1014 times)

The mileage is out following the detour in Pewsey that is not on the route sheet.  It will be on a board on the day as I told the organiser last night.  He was unaware of the new one way road near the school.
Anyway, I've done a track that is up to 180 km.  I am quite confident it is right but I can't follow the directions from Thane House.  I can't seem to get it back to the next landmark, the Info control near Brinkworth.

Can anyone talk me through it?

Old Spot

Re: Need Help with Wiltshire White Horses track, I'm lost near Bushton
« Reply #1 on: 09 March, 2009, 10:26:08 pm »
The mileage is out following the detour in Pewsey that is not on the route sheet.  It will be on a board on the day as I told the organiser last night.  He was unaware of the new one way road near the school.
Anyway, I've done a track that is up to 180 km.  I am quite confident it is right but I can't follow the directions from Thane House.  I can't seem to get it back to the next landmark, the Info control near Brinkworth.

Don't know how much the route has changed in the last few years, but last time I rode (2006 I think) was the same as the one documented at my page here:
Audax Events
Look for WWH in the list.

HTH

OS

« Reply #2 on: 09 March, 2009, 10:49:27 pm »

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous statement of yesterday;

Wiltshire White Horses 200 - 14th March 2009

which may be bollox...

(it seemed from bikely that it goes the wrong way up a one way street though...)

« Reply #3 on: 09 March, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »
Bicycle Path - Wiltshire White Horses 2009 at Bikely.com

I think this is right.  There appears to be several variations on a few years ago when I did it and that track is on Danial's web site.  The above track doesn't quite add up but from the descriptions I think it is.  It is the best I can do anyway.