Author Topic: Interesting or unusual planes?  (Read 387810 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Interesting or unusual planes?
« Reply #1900 on: 25 June, 2021, 11:13:20 am »
Flight radar showing AN225 due into Brize Norton in about 2 hours if anyone is riding past that way
Flight number UR-82060

Flight radar showing AN225 due into Brize Norton in about 2 hours if anyone is riding past that way
Flight number UR-82060

It was delivering some Pumas apparently. Oh and it broke stuff on departure:

https://youtu.be/BPu1Dj81-EE

Missed it yesterday as I was away but I should probably check my roof tiles as I live on the flight path ;D

« Reply #1901 on: 19 July, 2021, 08:01:10 pm »

I can't remember if I had ever seen an autogyro before in real life, and I certainly don't recall seeing one with an enclosed cockpit.

This was near Newquay a couple of days ago, and quite a few different autogyros came over after this one. Was there a meeting or something?
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

« Reply #1902 on: 19 July, 2021, 08:09:03 pm »

I can't remember if I had ever seen an autogyro before in real life, and I certainly don't recall seeing one with an enclosed cockpit.

This was near Newquay a couple of days ago, and quite a few different autogyros came over after this one. Was there a meeting or something?

Yes, a full meeting of SPECTRE to discuss the rollout of the 5g implants

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1903 on: 19 July, 2021, 08:20:54 pm »
Flight number UR-82060

It was delivering some Pumas apparently. Oh and it broke stuff on departure:

https://youtu.be/BPu1Dj81-EE
Somewhat excessive for a pair of trainers.

:D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Thor

• Super-sonnicus idioticus
It was a day like any other in Ireland, only it wasn't raining

« Reply #1905 on: 30 July, 2021, 05:55:43 pm »
I suppose drugs-by-drone was inevitable

That has been a problem for prisons for some time. Drone flies over, drops package inside fence, prisoner picks it up later (pre-arranged drop off point).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1906 on: 30 July, 2021, 06:11:24 pm »
Which has just reminded me of https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0316620/

« Reply #1907 on: 27 August, 2021, 04:00:46 am »
315B Lama and Hiller-ET12s!.

Visited a company still operating those. The Lama's are really cool, but are really on their last legs as parts hasn't been produced in years.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1908 on: 02 September, 2021, 11:37:22 pm »
On the weekend, at Shrewsbury Folk Fest, we were overflown by what looked and sounded very like an Avro Annie (Anson).
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1909 on: 10 September, 2021, 08:03:29 am »
Well heard rather than seen and annoying rather than "interesting or unusual" but there was a Globemaster doing late night circuits at Brize last night. Which stops being funny when you live on the base leg turn :(

« Reply #1910 on: 10 September, 2021, 09:02:05 am »
Last Sunday I was driving up the M1 just south of Leicester when I spotted a weird-looking aircraft that was reminiscent of a Catalina flying overhead.  Checked it out on FlightRadar24 when I got home and it was indeed a Catalina.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1911 on: 20 October, 2021, 02:26:54 pm »
What looked like a Eurofighter Typhoon just flew over Furryboottoon.

« Reply #1912 on: 20 October, 2021, 04:12:30 pm »
What definately  was a Typhoon has just practiced his display routine over my workshop😁😁😁
It's not just hitting it with a hammer but knowing where to hit it and how hard

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #1913 on: 20 October, 2021, 05:29:59 pm »
Quote from: PaulF
Well heard rather than seen and annoying rather than "interesting or unusual" but there was a Globemaster doing late night circuits at Brize last night. Which stops being funny when you live on the base leg turn :(
They're still quieter than the VC-10s nor (to my mind) as noisy as the A-400ms.

Speaking of local aerodromes and noisy aircraft there have been 2 or 3 B1s at Fairford.  Watched them lazily stooging around for quarter of an hour so one late afternoon at the tail end of last week.

Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #1914 on: 20 October, 2021, 08:05:31 pm »
We live about 600yds south of the western end of the runway at Coningsby. Depending on the wind  we get the traffic (mainly Typhoons) breaking into the circuit immediately overhead or (rather quieter)  passing to the south downwind onto their base leg. Then we get Typhoons doing performance take offs where they go straight up vertical on full burner. That, of course, is balanced by the Merlin symphony from the BBMF!!
Never a dull moment

Dave Yates

« Reply #1915 on: 20 October, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »
We live about 600yds south of the western end of the runway at Coningsby. Depending on the wind  we get the traffic (mainly Typhoons) breaking into the circuit immediately overhead or (rather quieter)  passing to the south downwind onto their base leg. Then we get Typhoons doing performance take offs where they go straight up vertical on full burner. That, of course, is balanced by the Merlin symphony from the BBMF!!
Never a dull moment

Dave Yates
Having flown a Spit, big envy.

« Reply #1916 on: 20 October, 2021, 08:54:57 pm »

I too have flown a Spitfire, Carolyn Grace's ML407. An unforgettable experience 🤩🤩

« Reply #1917 on: 22 October, 2021, 12:09:10 am »
Never a dull moment

Dave Yates

I seem to remember that caused a few interruptions to the course as we all rushed out to see what variant of Merlin was flying overhead at least a couple of times during the week.

« Reply #1918 on: 22 October, 2021, 12:16:53 pm »

I too have flown a Spitfire, Carolyn Grace's ML407. An unforgettable experience 🤩🤩

MJ 627 in my case.

« Reply #1919 on: 22 October, 2021, 02:31:45 pm »

Who was your pilot?

MJ 627 in my case.

« Reply #1920 on: 22 October, 2021, 02:42:06 pm »

Who was your pilot?

MJ 627 in my case.

Jez Britcher
If you go to page 65 of this thread and click on any of my pics except the last one, you'll see the footage of my flight shot from the chase plane, as well as a victory roll executed in front of Beachy Head lighthouse.

« Reply #1921 on: 22 October, 2021, 06:02:19 pm »
Jurek
I assume that was from Headcorn?  I have a mate, Charlie Brown who I believe also flies the  Spitfires from there. He has well over 1000 hours in Spitfires and is into old bikes, I have worked on several for him, mainly Ephgraves

« Reply #1922 on: 22 October, 2021, 07:07:50 pm »
Jurek
I assume that was from Headcorn?  I have a mate, Charlie Brown who I believe also flies the  Spitfires from there. He has well over 1000 hours in Spitfires and is into old bikes, I have worked on several for him, mainly Ephgraves

Nah. Biggin Hill. Just a smidge over two years ago.
Jez has 500 hours on the Spit.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #1923 on: 01 November, 2021, 12:31:53 am »
OK, WTF is going on here  ???

Screenshot 2021-11-01 002918 by The Pingus, on Flickr

« Reply #1924 on: 01 November, 2021, 12:37:24 am »
OK, WTF is going on here  ???
Aurora watching flight?
Seems there's a few available to book, departing from Edinburgh or Glasgow etc. https://www.omegabreaks.com/itineraries/8832-northern-lights-flights