Author Topic: What did you have for breakfast?  (Read 80825 times)

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Re: What did you have for breakfast?
« Reply #600 on: 01 January, 2024, 08:40:37 am »
A jug of coffee & a chunk of Black Bun.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #601 on: 01 January, 2024, 04:03:34 pm »
This week I have mostly been eating caviar. I don't think I've ever had it before, so I got a (£4.99) jar of lumpfish caviar from Tesco for the hell of it at Christmas, and put some on the smoked salmon blinis we had as a starter for our notchristmas dinner. I liked it, but no-one else did, so I've been putting it on stuff since, typically breakfast eggs (poached/scrambled), but also crackers with cream cheese.

Now I just need an income to support this new habit!

(Not really, it's quite an affordable now-and-again treat - for certain values of affordable - but I'm guessing the 'good' stuff is more expensive).
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #602 on: 01 January, 2024, 04:16:09 pm »
Two flat whites, 2 pints of water, some smoked salmon (Andy Race unsliced peat cured  :P), some olives, homemade hummus and homemade chilli and cheese sourdough toast.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #603 on: 01 February, 2024, 12:46:29 pm »
Porridge - made with oats that had been left to soak overnight (in water, not milk - never milk) with currants, cinnamon and cardamom. Would have added some grated apple too but we were out of apples.

Nuked it for a minute or so this morning and ate it topped with a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of yoghurt.

The cardamom proved to be an inspired addition. I found a local supplier of cardamom seeds recently - much less faff to deal with than pods. I used about half a teaspoon of seeds, finely ground. Highly recommended.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #604 on: 07 February, 2024, 12:13:14 pm »
Most mornings one half fills a gorgeous oak fired Muchelney pottery (almost appropriately named) "M16 cereal bowl" with 20 white grapes and 20 red grapes of similar sizes, mix together with 2 tablespoons of delicious Welsh yogurt - llaeth y llan. Accompany on the side by 4 Nairn's rough oatcakes. Coffee is a Villeroy & Boch shallow wide brimmed white porcelain cup ⅔ filled with 180ml of semi skimmed milk which is then heated to 65º in the microwave, lightly blow on the top of the heated milk to aid identification of the subsequent thin skin formed and carefully remove so as not to leave a trace, stir gently 3 times clockwise, before bunging under an Illy Iperpresso machine's spout, into which firstly an Intenso pod has been inserted. After that's emptied itself, one adds a Forte pod for the second shot. The latter providing the crème de la crème de crema. Stir once and zap again for 30 seconds in the microwave  :thumbsup: