Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
will they still be edible where you have hidden them?
OT Knowledge / Re: Pimp my bathroom
« Last post by Kim on Today at 08:04:41 pm »
I think I have seen the answer to the radiator vs towel rail problem.
People make vertical radiators that you can buy towel rails to attach on to, like so:
http://www.bestheating.com/milano-chrome-towel-rail-for-aruba-and-alpha-vertical-designer-radiator-470mm.html

That looks good.   :thumbsup:
The Dark Side / Re: How long before starting Audax?
« Last post by Tigerbiten on Today at 08:03:00 pm »
No.
If no dust/grit gets on top of the seal then your fine.
Just find some very thin stretch fabric/neoprene.
Then sew a cover that slides down over the brake lever and covers all the top brake body.
Zip tie in place with the smallest zip ties you can find.
My last set of dead brakes had done over 3 years with no trouble before I boiled them and blew the seat that way.
Don't go down +20% hills at over 40 mph with a full camping load and expect to stop quickly.
That the other way I kill brakes .......  ;D
The Knowledge / Re: Front pannier racks
« Last post by nikki on Today at 07:54:19 pm »
IIRC my loop-over-the-tyre one might have had further implications for how the bike fitted into the back of the car. My panniers (Ortlieb front rollers) also needed different sized fittings to fit on nicely.
Audax / Re: Heart of England 300, Sat 21st April
« Last post by Flatus on Today at 07:50:11 pm »
Nice day out. Took it fairly easy and got back at 6pm, with about an hour of stops.

I met Bobbinogs although I didn't realise it was him at the time.
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 07:48:55 pm »
Mrs Dan had the bolt holding saddle to seat post shear off yesterday. So today I fitted the replacement post to her bike.
I also swapped an inner tube with an annoyingly short valve for a more usable one, and unfettled a tyre lever in the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Pub / Re: Flights of Fancy
« Last post by Torslanda on Today at 07:36:47 pm »
Today marks the centenary of the death of Manfred von Richtofen.

Thought it appropriate to mark it here.
The Knowledge / Re: Front pannier racks
« Last post by mzjo on Today at 07:36:44 pm »
The first carries the panniers high, like on the back. The second is designed to carry the panniers low down and to mount onto points built into the forks. The third is like the second except that it is adaptable for forks without built in points. Your choice is limited by what provision has been made by the fork manufacturer for fitting pannier carriers; you can't fit the style that requires built-in points if your fork doesn't have them.
Apart from all that there are several manufacturers with differences in design but the first point still holds: what you can fit depends on what the fork is and what provision is made by the manufacturer (and your own ingenuity).
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 07:35:01 pm »
The Wind Cries Mary ~ The Jimi Hendrix Experience
I hid 8 'clutches' of four Lindt mini eggs for David to discover on Easter Sunday.

Six clutches remain undiscovered.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10