Author Topic: Recommend a Pair of Padded Bib Shorts  (Read 922 times)

Recommend a Pair of Padded Bib Shorts
« on: January 14, 2017, 06:40:32 pm »
As per title. My budget is £50 Size normally Medium to Large.

In the summer I bought a pair of Sugoi RC pro bib tights for £50. First set of bibs and there's no going back. I'd like some for the summer and tend to find good clearance deals in the winter. The SALE bib shorts are out of stock in large.

Can you recommend something for me? Touring and Audax being my purpose. Thanks for any help.

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
Re: Recommend a Pair of Padded Bib Shorts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:20:49 pm »
I've tried all sorts over the years! From A$$o$ (comfy but horribly overpriced) to Endura (Good but still ~£70 for the really nice ones) and dhb (Wiggle's own - OK and within budget at ~£45 for the "Classic" version)
My latest find was: Funkier  :) from Amazon (on sale at <£40 at the moment... They fit well. Comfy with a good pad and the quality seems fine.)
For the budget, try the funkier or dhb...
Pieter

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:35:44 pm »
I've got a Sportpursuit addiction, I've been very happy with stuff I've bought there, and there's always a range of stuff at 50% discount, bib shorts are always popular. Some of the discount appears genuine, some less so. It is always worth searching on your chosen target to get a proper perspective on the pricing. What I have found is that some "premium" brands not known in the UK seem to use SP to test the market sometimes.

Anyhow, full declaration, if you haven't joined Sportpursuit and use this link to join I get a fiver if you order https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/Ham

rr

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 11:15:35 am »
Another vote for funkier here, tried a range from sports pursuit but none of them matched up, Merlin had a good deal in the autumn.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
Thank you. Funkier fit my budget and look ok too.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 10:48:38 am »
Another vote for the dhb Classic. They're really good. All the features you'd want for fast touring or Audax really.
Low front for easy bathroom breaks, great ventilated pad, really supportive shorts, very lightweight mesh braces.

I really like them. Did a 220km ride from London to Bath in really humid conditions last year and the shorts were the only thing that didn't let me down - my base layer just got saturated, shirt proved to have inadequate ventilation, gloves just got soaked in sweat and my helmet sweat pad had to be taken out and washed at every cafe stop and wrung out every half hour or so! Got into my hotel room looking just disgusting, but feeling pretty fresh from the waist down. Recommended!

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 09:15:49 pm »
I bought a load of new ones from eBay for about a tenner each, from a shop in Manchester.  They fit fine

#cheapskate
Never tell me the odds.