Author Topic: [LEL17] Rider Area  (Read 29591 times)

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
Re: Rider Area
« Reply #175 on: 22 March, 2017, 09:41:12 pm »
Don't spend too long even thinking about this. We will have to allocate about 1600 places by start time, at 31st march ..but only 1525 ( +/- 50 ) will start. How the 75 or so  drop outs will be scattered thru the start times we have no idea .. therefore no great logical  analysis of exactly how to place the 1600 spaces can  be done. Nor do we have any idea of the number of fast/medium/slow riders applying in each start slot.. so estimating their sleep stop strategy with any accuracy is impossible at this stage.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #176 on: 22 March, 2017, 10:29:02 pm »
Plus the possible things which go wrong during the start weekend. Like the Catalan team which suffered from bike theft the night before the 2009 start. As a result of that they started all together after the last scheduled start spot, In this way they could arrange a new bike for the rider whose bike was stolen.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #177 on: 27 March, 2017, 09:59:37 am »
Start times .. there are about 100+ riders who have not indicated a preferred start time yet .. but with every starting time up to 1.00pm already fully subscribed .. and the allocation of unlucky riders possibly going to be handled in order of least oversubscribed put into the nearest available time slot .. then it must be extremely likely that every unlucky  9.00 applicant must end up in 3.30 , 3.45, 4.00

Just flagging this so that the 9.00 applicants are aware of the likely outcome if they are unlucky.

« Reply #178 on: 27 March, 2017, 01:20:28 pm »
So I take it the No Preference riders will be allocated before any ballot losers are reallocated?

« Reply #179 on: 27 March, 2017, 01:43:17 pm »
I'd assume the opposite - that No Preference indicates exactly that, and they'll be slotted in after all other riders have been allocated a start time.

If not, deleting your preference suddenly becomes the newest way to (try to) game the system.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #180 on: 27 March, 2017, 02:35:09 pm »
Danial has said that HE will make the decisions on allocation of those who miss out on their preferred start time.  I have no idea whether the first re-allocated  will be least oversubscribed .. females first ..oldest first or even reverse alphabetical .. all I was trying to do was make sure that in particular the unlucky 9.00 start preferences realise that they are very very likely to be in the last 2 or 3 groups away at nearly 4.00pm

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #181 on: 27 March, 2017, 03:36:59 pm »
Danial has said that HE will make the decisions on allocation of those who miss out on their preferred start time.

Perhaps this would be a good time to publish his home address so that the bribes gifts of thanks can be dispatched....
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

LMT

« Reply #182 on: 28 March, 2017, 12:07:33 pm »
One thing that has caught my eye is that in terms of places the 100hr group is oversubscribed - 291 starters for 230 places?

Will everyone that wants a 100hr place be accommodated or will a few unlucky souls get busted back to the 116:40hr group?

Apologies in advance if this has been covered already.

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #183 on: 28 March, 2017, 02:17:26 pm »
My input .. but I am not the boss .. is that we want to spread the load on the controls as much as we can ..if you include the pencilled in 5.00am start then there are 300 places in total .. and I believe that the invitation fast group are already in the 6.00am start box.  So probably not  a huge problem to accommodate a few extra if total goes above 300. There will also be drop outs before July .. rule of thumb .. 10%  . I have heard no suggestion that any 100 hour riders will be put back to the after 9.00 am starts and it certainly does not help to spread the load on the controls.

Phil W

« Reply #184 on: 28 March, 2017, 04:58:14 pm »
As per the article on start times we provided. If you go for a 100 hour slot, then you will get a 100 hour slot. Don't forget there are a number of riders we will move to the 5am slot during allocation.  So far less redustribution of 100 hour riders required than for 116 hr 40 min riders. Not oversubscribed overall and at most 100 hour riders will have their start moved by 2 hours but likely less.

« Reply #185 on: 30 March, 2017, 07:51:03 am »
Start times locked around midnight and email confirmation of start time has just arrived.
Someone's been busy. THANK YOU. 👍

« Reply #186 on: 30 March, 2017, 07:55:10 am »
Agreed. Very efficient to have start time confirmation this morning. Thank you for the efforts that have made this possible.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

frillipippi

• from Italy
« Reply #187 on: 30 March, 2017, 09:42:42 am »
+1  :)  :)

Agreed. Very efficient to have start time confirmation this morning. Thank you for the efforts that have made this possible.