Author Topic: Rapha sizing change?  (Read 593 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Rapha sizing change?
« on: March 30, 2017, 03:19:44 pm »
Is it my imagination, or has Rapha changed its sizing in the last few years?

I've had several pairs of bib shorts from them in the past and always bought Medium.  I ordered a pair the other day and selected Medium as usual but what has arrived feels a little on the snug side.  Having (belatedly, I accept) looked at the sizing on the web site, it appears that I should be buying Extra Large, which seems a bit odd given that my old Mediums still fit perfectly.

Most odd.
Between the Disney abattoir and the chemical refinery

Re: Rapha sizing change?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 05:05:26 pm »
Are they from the same range? The Pro Team stuff is a lot more tight-fitting. In general the complaints I've seen are that Rapha's sizing has grown more generous as they've gone for the middle-aged high-disposable-income market; these complaints have mostly been from racing snake types, mind.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: Rapha sizing change?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 07:50:26 pm »
They're just the run of the mill bib shorts. Not identical to my others but definitely not Pro Team.  They're fine at the waist but feel a little short in the body.  I've bought a couple so I'll try one out on the next ride and I can always return the other ( in which case there may be a pair of Rapha bib shorts, worn once, going cheap in the classifieds soon )
Between the Disney abattoir and the chemical refinery