Linked Events

• Long Itch on Tour - Silverdale: 22 September, 2017 - 24 September, 2017

Author Topic: WING camping weekend - Apollo's new bike.  (Read 23735 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Fine by me.   Or a veg chilli.

Separate bucket of rice?

That's the thing . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
PB. Would you mind adding a poll?

Numbers?
Meat Y/N?
Curry?
Chilli?
Anything else...?

As long as I can cook it anything considered. If anyone else fancies cooking instead . . .
VELOMANCER

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I am a possible for this again. Our normal Skipton B & B is not available but there is now talk of Jan and her sisters staying near Burnley (where one of the sisters lives) and travelling daily. I don't fancy a weekend of wool-watching so I might be able to slope off...
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

I'll get back to this thread week after next as I have a lot of work this week.

Speshact

• Charlie
In the diary!

Speshact

• Charlie
Virgin West Coast have just started a sale so I'm up for a quick visit - return tickets London to Lancaster £22. I'm on the Saturday morning 06.05 train, returning on the 13.38 on Sunday. They're going quickly! https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
PB. Would you mind adding a poll?

Numbers?
Meat Y/N?
Curry?
Chilli?
Anything else...?

As long as I can cook it anything considered. If anyone else fancies cooking instead . . .

Nothing too spicy for me, I can do curry and wop some Raita in to cool it but Chilli is too much for me. 

A Whacking Gurt Slice O' cow in a "Wipe it's arse, Blow it's nose an Chase it past the Fire" stylee would be nice, not practical though so I'll do that at home.... Possibly tonight.

If anybody needs emergency rescue, I'm only around 9 miles away from the site with a car that'll take a couple of bikes or a Trice.

Who's Up for this one?
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

Please see my photo of the group field earlier in this thread - now fixed after photobucket failure.

The campsite has great facilities - it's the opposite of The Green Man at Long Itchington meaning the showers are lovely and nearby but the  pub and BYOB curry house are a bit of a walk!

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
I am seriously examining the logistics of this.

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
Regret I will have to meet you all up the road, and calendar, elsewhere. I look forward to that though.

Subject to looking after aged parent in the Mancunian area, will be there thinks.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
    • John's Bikes
With flourescent tent guys?

** Makes mental note to get there before Bob **
VELOMANCER

Due to unforeseen circumstances I may need to change this event back to Long Itchington.   Very sorry but I'll know more by the end of the week. 

Please bear with me on this.   

Thanks.

Please BEAR with me - you couldn't make it up!

Please BEAR with me - you couldn't make it up!

I just did!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Bear in mind that puns are an occupational hazard on YACF...

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
If that is to be the case, it makes my attendance much easier to arrange...

I think...

but I'm not sure. There will have to be discussions with Mrs. Wow.

Re: Silverdale (Morecambe Bay) camping: venue and date change
« Reply #42 on: 08 August, 2017, 12:26:43 pm »
So, it does look like it's going to be a traditional Long Itch weekend instead of Silverdale.   I will do a Silverdale next year - promise.

Checking with The Green Man this weekend is booked out with 15 caravans.  The previous weekend they are on holiday so door unlocking for overnight facilities will be an issue and the following weekend is also booked.   The first totally 'free' weekend is the first weekend of October, 6th to 8th.

The only other alternative is the first weekend of September but that may be a bit too soon for other things to happen that will need to be completed.

So, how about October?   Let me know what you think soon please.

Re: Silverdale (Morecambe Bay) camping: venue and date change
« Reply #43 on: 08 August, 2017, 12:28:09 pm »
I could of course check out other venues such as Wing.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
Ok. So 22nd September is still a Mrs. Wow weekend in Manchester/Skipton. Will watch this space for more details.

Edit: or Wing. I'll still watch this space.

I would imagine that Wing would be very easy, it being a big campsite and this being just a normal term-time weekend.

I am away with Jonathan notp the first week of October . other than that I can attend either venue  :)
the slower you go the more you see

Noted.  And Apollo?   Always brings a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to proceedings.

Any other preferences on dates or location please?

The weekend of 29th-1st Oct is an ALC camping weekend and there's a council meeting I think so we won't be able to do that. We're free the weekend before those 2 and the one after (subject to moving house etc) and if we're free we'll come wherever you are.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
Can't finance a travelling to "Far away places" for the late September thing. Probably okay in October. Prefer Itch' to Rutland but willing to do either if I can.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

If long itch is out, how about Cambridge that weekend for something different.
There's a C&CC site with a good tent field to stop at south of the city center, good transport links if needed and then do something like the busway to St Ives on saturday.
I did it a couple of weekends back and as long as you don't end up on the M11/A14 junction like I did (don't ask as I got lost on my way out of town ....  :-[) it's a good route. There's a cafe/cake stop just as you get into St Ives. That was my Saturday ride.
Sunday I went to the Duxford Imperial War Museum, always good for a visit.

The other option for good camping near me is St Neots C&CC site but I'm not sure of good rides from there.