Author Topic: Icarus, systematic doping in sport.  (Read 1132 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Icarus, systematic doping in sport.
« on: 15 August, 2017, 07:31:41 am »
I expect this is already a thread somewhere but anyway...

Watched this film on Netflix, a seemingly factual expose of Russian doping in international sport and the methods used to switch urine samples. The programme references Orwells 1984 doublethink ideas quite cleverly and I have to agree that the olympics in particular, but also the FIFA world cup appear to be actual living examples of doublespeak/doublethink in practice. Entirely corrupted events riddled with drugs and bribery for the purposes of political and corporate consumption. Yet presented as the complete opposite, and consumed as presented.

From the film, and then watching Armstrong after, it is hard not to conclude that actually, they are all at it. My SIL goes to a gym and says it is now quite normal for ordinary blokes at the gym to talk about the 'juice' they are using, and I hear it is fairly common on the sportive circuit these days.

Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Re: Icarus, systematic doping in sport.
« Reply #1 on: 15 August, 2017, 08:26:33 am »
From the film, and then watching Armstrong after, it is hard not to conclude that actually, they are all at it.

Apart from Sir Kenacort of Fluimucil, Chris 'Transformer' Froome,    and any other British athlete of course. The British authorities have everything under control. Trust the authorities.