Author Topic: Yorkshire Gallop / Ripon canter 17 March 2018 **POSTPONED**  (Read 1458 times)

Bairn Again

Yorkshire Gallop / Ripon canter 17 March 2018 **POSTPONED**
« on: 13 March, 2018, 09:49:20 am »
I will be making the journey south from Edinburgh on Friday evening by train for this one (the 200km). 

I'll be staying at the Travelodge and cycling the ~15km out to the start before the event (and back to the railway station after for the 2022 back home to Edinburgh).

Anybody else in?     

Graeme

Re: Yorkshire Gallop / Ripon canter 17 March 2018
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:07:10 am »
I’ll be there but due to a significant shortfall in miles ridden recently,I have opted for the Canter.
I will ,however , be introducing an audax novice to the dark arts.
He has had a Damascene conversion that was inspired by seeing that whereas a sportive would cost him £50 the audacious equivalent was merely £5. Please don’t eat all the cake .

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2018, 10:57:11 am »
I'm doing the 200 - my first calendar event of this calendar year.  Look out for a very cold looking chap on a yellow recumbent - the forecast is a bit chilly.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2018, 08:27:51 pm »
I was supposed to be doing the 200, but I'm sitting here all lurgied up and can't see any chance of it shifting by Saturday :(
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #4 on: 15 March, 2018, 10:17:15 am »
I’ll be there but due to a significant shortfall in miles ridden recently,I have opted for the Canter.
I will ,however , be introducing an audax novice to the dark arts.
He has had a Damascene conversion that was inspired by seeing that whereas a sportive would cost him £50 the audacious equivalent was merely £5. Please don’t eat all the cake .
I've opted for the same due to me also introducing an audax novice, although he is currently 50/50 due to the lurgy and the freezing forceast.  What machine will you be riding?
39. Because on every real bicycle there is the unseen pennant of progress, the standard of democracy, the banner of freedom.

« Reply #5 on: 15 March, 2018, 06:00:01 pm »
Sabbath September with Shimano 500 wheels - my winter bike.

Just had an email from Nigel
Both events postponed due to weather forecast.
Wise decision IMO.

Bairn Again

Re: Yorkshire Gallop / Ripon canter 17 March 2018 **POSTPONED**
« Reply #7 on: 16 March, 2018, 08:55:03 am »
Yes, sensible decision, even though Id already paid for trains and accommodation Im glad that the organiser has made this move - Id have had serious reservations about travelling even if it hadnt been postponed.  I could always just have a wild weekend in darlo sans velo.  :D   

Im not sure if I can make the revised date (21 April) as Im already meant to be riding another event that weekend.  Might just do it as a DIY another time.