Author Topic: USB Powerbank Recommendation  (Read 1326 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
USB Powerbank Recommendation
« on: 19 March, 2018, 06:19:32 pm »
Looking for a new powerbank. The one that I have needs to be turned on each time which normally is no problem but I have a new backpack with an external USB socket that I can use to charge my phone.

So looking for something that will charge as soon as I plug in without pressing a button.

Re: USB Powerbank Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: 19 March, 2018, 07:10:13 pm »
May be a tad big for a phone charger(?), but I have the Anker PowerCore 10000  #1 best seller in 'power packs' on amazon apparently, weighs ~180g, charges on plugging in.  Also have a smaller older 5600mah Anker, which requires a button press.  I primarily bought Anker, as they seem to have a good rep, and to power USB lead bike lights.    Looks like a more expensive newer PowerCoreII is available.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

PaulF

« Reply #2 on: 20 March, 2018, 10:00:50 am »
Thanks that looks just the job. As it will live in my backpack and I carry so much other stuff around I doubt that I'll notice the weight :)

« Reply #3 on: 20 March, 2018, 10:22:51 am »
Following recommendation on this forum, I have https://chargedpower.com/collections/chjgd-ultracompact-mini  larger versions available.

« Reply #4 on: 21 March, 2018, 10:32:03 am »
Another '+1' for the Anker range. We rotate through a selection of two of their 20100's and three of their 5200's.

The larger ones are ideal for holidays etc. where it's easier charging from them instead of fiddling with socket adapters, and the smaller ones are perfect for throwing in a bag/coat pocket for use on on shorter trips.
One Man and LEJOG : End-to-End on Two Wheels in Two Weeks (Buy the book; or Kindle it)

PaulF

« Reply #5 on: 21 March, 2018, 10:33:53 am »
Another '+1' for the Anker range. We rotate through a selection of two of their 20100's and three of their 5200's.

The larger ones are ideal for holidays etc. where it's easier charging from them instead of fiddling with socket adapters, and the smaller ones are perfect for throwing in a bag/coat pocket for use on on shorter trips.

That's reassuring as mine is currently "out for delivery" :)