Author Topic: Ditchling Devil Controllers at Wimbledon, Highbrook(Ardingley) and Chiddingfold  (Read 1010 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
The Ditchling Devil is rapidly approaching so time to put out a call for idle hands looking to be put to good use as Controllers on Sunday 3rd.

At Wimbledon, its about helping with the sign on, handing out cards to riders and marshalling riders before the off. Everybody arrives and departs within the hour so would suit any riders who are happy to be away with the last group.

At Highbrook (elevenses) and Chiddingfold (afternoon tea) it's about marshalling riders into the controls. A pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on what on all past experience will be a sunny afternoon.

Full training - and tea and cake - will be provided. PM for details! :)

Looking forward to riding, but happy to help at sign-on
Eddington Number = 132

Martin

will be at Checkpoint Highbrook; as last year a quiet layby just before (with scenic views of the lumps to come) to get your cards stamped so yous can all concentrate on feeding / watering at the actual control* and to keep it all flowing nicely

*please also rispekking the other (4) residents' property!

Supposed to be doing a triathlon that day but it's looking increasingly unlikely. If I'm free I can wibble down to the Windmill to help at the start (I'm not riding it this year).

Will know for sure by tomorrow.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."