Author Topic: Bicycle Trailer Bodges  (Read 3506 times)

LEE

Bicycle Trailer Bodges
« on: 25 September, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »
"Spokey Joe" single child trailer from eBay, £27.

Covers and steel support structure removed and stored.

Plastic trellis/mesh cable-tied on for a floor.

Archery gear transport...

It's a very useful steel tube chassis, adaptable to any number of trailer projects I think.

30 seconds later..folded flat.  You can see one of the Quick-release wheel spindles.  You press a button and pull wheel off.  Tow-bar is hinged and folds under.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Bicycle Trailer Bodges
« Reply #1 on: 26 September, 2013, 10:10:28 pm »
I have quite a decent one (I'll dig out details later) that needs this modification doing, but am now moving around a lot and so am looking to offload stuff.  Many of my movements involve going between the north and London, so going via yours would be relatively easy.  Interested?

« Reply #2 on: 27 September, 2013, 12:09:25 pm »
For a conversion, it might be worth checking out this ebay seller further who has lots of child trailers listed spares or repairs from £22.99 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spare-Repair-Blk-Red-Child-Bike-Bicycle-Cycle-Trailer-Children-Stroller-Carrier-/121153030431?pt=UK_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item1c3548891f#ht_2960wt_1199

LEE

« Reply #3 on: 30 September, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
Project complete, off to Archery ...my work here is done.

At some point I'll make some side walls for the trailer so I can just throw stuff in.  The long-term role of the trailer may be for shopping in France when we are camping in a Motorhome so the fold-flat-ability will be very useful.

« Reply #4 on: 30 September, 2013, 10:21:19 pm »
That's exactly what we did to the child trailer my BiL gave us, only it was a fairly heavy steel thing. It's since been superseded by the lightweight ali trailer MFWHTBAB built for me out of an old rucksack frame and a tent pole or two. That has a correx base, not netting.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5 on: 01 October, 2013, 06:30:06 am »
A very nice set up  :thumbsup:

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #6 on: 01 October, 2013, 10:08:48 am »
Great stuff Paul.
Always easier to transport a bow by bicycle if it is one of these new fangled take down ones...
Must see how I can securely strap my 68" American Flat Bow to the bike.....

phil dubya

• It's a fast bike, but the engine's knackered.
« Reply #7 on: 10 October, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »
As a fellow archer and cyclist , this is genius  :) I have my children's old bike trailer in the garden slowly going green... this is exactly what I need.  Thanks for the idea.   :thumbsup: