Author Topic: Passport photos - need to countersign?  (Read 14061 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Passport photos - need to countersign?
« Reply #50 on: 20 January, 2017, 04:22:35 pm »
I Googled for Passport, Photo, [postcode].
I know it's too late for this time.

« Reply #51 on: 20 January, 2017, 04:54:33 pm »
I found the easiest to have a friend/relative/self(ie) take some snaps then use epassportphoto.com to create a 6x4 print with 4 pictures of the correct size and print it as you would normally print a photo from the machine in Boots/Tesco/Sainsbury etc for 50p.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #52 on: 20 January, 2017, 06:29:45 pm »
The repeat pics needed to be done while I was away from home which was a hassle. Then I realised they might need recounter-signing. Passport office gave me the WRONG number in their letters, which was fun on relay telephony, then confirmed I did need countersignatory again even though the letter did not say this at all... Then I had to unfaff and contact my original countersignatory to do it cos it was less hassle than a new countersignatory...

But it's done now, hopefully for a decade if I can find a way of carrying my passport without it being so losable as the last one...

« Reply #53 on: 26 January, 2017, 11:14:17 am »
My passport expired in 2013. I really need to renew for work (I have already missed one trip! :-[ ). I've not changed much in appearance (less hair, but I didn't have much last time), and can try shaving if it makes me look a bit more like my young twentysomething self. What are my chances of needing a countersignatory? I will have to take pictures before I can post them!
Cheers
Duncan

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #54 on: 26 January, 2017, 12:16:50 pm »
My passport expired in 2013. I really need to renew for work (I have already missed one trip! :-[ ). I've not changed much in appearance (less hair, but I didn't have much last time), and can try shaving if it makes me look a bit more like my young twentysomething self. What are my chances of needing a countersignatory? I will have to take pictures before I can post them!
Cheers
Duncan

The Passport Office expects 'normal ageing'.

I doubt you will have any trouble.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #55 on: 26 January, 2017, 02:03:44 pm »
Cheers
Duncan

The online form thing prompts you quite a bit. I think if in doubt I'd get a signatory or they'll send you a letter asking you for one - but that involves delays.

« Reply #56 on: 26 January, 2017, 02:18:39 pm »
https://www.gov.uk/countersigning-passport-applications
When you need someone else to sign your form and photo

You must get your form and one of your 2 photos signed if you’re applying for a:

first adult passport
    first child passport
    replacement for a lost, stolen or damaged passport
    renewal of a passport for a child aged 11 or under
    renewal of a passport if your appearance has changed and you can’t be recognised from your existing passport

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #57 on: 03 February, 2017, 12:13:47 pm »
Cheers
Duncan

You're in exactly the same boat as I was when I started this thread. In the event, they passed the pics without a moment's hesitation.

As I think has been mentioned already, the tech they use for facial recognition these days is very good at picking up underlying facial structure regardless of things like beards and glasses.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #58 on: 08 March, 2017, 03:47:47 pm »
So does this mean on could now walk through customs in a comedy pair of Groucho Marx specs and all would be cool?
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #59 on: 08 March, 2017, 04:11:45 pm »
Possibly.
Passport Control might ask you to remove the specs.

Customs might be none too happeh if you looked like a Drug Dealer thobut...