what is a good buy within this system?, or not a good buy
after many years am changing from MTB setup
Used to use SIDI. just as well chucked out as would be way too small nowadays
NB NO jimshano shoes, pedals yes

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Re: SPD-SL
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 04:40:42 pm »
Shimano 105 pedals work well enough for me.  Depends on what your requirements are really...?
Look out here I come!

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:16:21 pm »
three pairs of dura-ace and one pair of ultegras here - they are all very good (and for my needs, better than any other road pedal system). i like the fact that dura ace pedals are also made with 4mm longer axle, which prevents inner shoe rubbing the cranks if you tend to overpronate.

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 10:14:27 pm »
pedals normally come with cleats, but you may want to change them if you prefer a floaty or fixed ones. yellow cleats have the most float, blue ones less, red ones are fixed. dura ace come with blue cleats, most of the lower range models with yellow, afaik.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 03:55:56 pm »
three pairs of dura-ace and one pair of ultegras here - they are all very good (and for my needs, better than any other road pedal system). i like the fact that dura ace pedals are also made with 4mm longer axle, which prevents inner shoe rubbing the cranks if you tend to overpronate.

Interesting! I do have a problem with that happening.  I wonder if I am prepared for this wallet-wise...

comes back from googling. --mmm - not really.
Look out here I come!