Author Topic: Why is cling film such a GRRRRR?  (Read 9372 times)

Re: Why is cling film such a GRRRRR?
« Reply #50 on: 04 June, 2017, 08:37:40 pm »
Update on this most important topic - even thought it's painfully close to that other very worrying thing - June 8th

It's all about technique - I've come to find a sort of peace?

Have almost mastered the Lidl top serration but quite like the Aldi lower edge too = slightly less sticking to itself at the corners and yet more faff?

The important thing is 'adaption' and 'practise' with an open mind, not to mention 'finding one's own way'

So what's the forum's advice on the the best way to microwave rice?

https://www.steamer.co.uk/cookware/microwave-cookware/sistema-rice-steamer.html?gclid=CjwKEAjw387JBRDPtJePvOej8kASJADkV9TLA_J3Ax1D8zgSoK4eHq-n2OKTfNzHRGSzMsB7xMBZNBoCNcXw_wcB

I have one they are bloody marvellous.

D.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #51 on: 05 June, 2017, 04:48:52 pm »
^ I bought one of these just a few hours ago (from Steamer Trading here in Bury Sn'Edmunds). Being somewhat spoiled with having a really nice Japanese rice cooker at home I was interested to see how it fared.

I have to agree with davelodwig; it's bloody marvellous. My first attempt (with only vending cups and postal scales to hand as measuring devices) was near perfect. Cholla!
Pen Pusher

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #52 on: 05 June, 2017, 05:05:54 pm »
The thing that's always put me off cooking rice in the microwave is that it ties up the microwave.  If I'm going to defrost something and cook rice to go with it, it's much easier to do the *rice* on the hob.

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #53 on: 05 June, 2017, 05:26:29 pm »
The thing that's always put me off cooking rice in the microwave is that it ties up the microwave.  If I'm going to defrost something and cook rice to go with it, it's much easier to do the *rice* on the hob.

You could consider the old skool rock'n'roll style and have banks of black painted microwaves on top of each other and cook while you gurn, wiggle and shake your head?

Just need to decide if you're a bass player or lead guitarist at heart ;D

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #54 on: 05 June, 2017, 05:36:26 pm »

It only takes 8 mins for 2 portions and you can keep it warm in a covered container while you defrost/re-heat/cook the other things.

You really can't beat a dedicated rice cooker though. Expensive, but worth it IMO.
Pen Pusher