Author Topic: Paris Roubaix 2010 Ouch  (Read 1991 times)

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
Paris Roubaix 2010 Ouch
« on: 12 April, 2010, 12:34:09 pm »
Took a trip with Domestique to watch Paris Roubaix yesterday. We were there nice and early so had a wander along paves sections 4 and 3 by the Cafe L'abbre.

As we were walking back towards the Cafe the Junior race arrived with a single Russian a couple of minutes ahead of the rest of the pack.

Cameras came out and started clicking just as the leader came round the left hand corner. He was right on the gravel at the edge of the road so he could avoid the cobbles... oohhhh dear big problem there is some woman sitting right on the gravel at the exit of the bend... Russian swervs back onto the cobbles and rear wheel steps out from underneath him.. OUCH..

I was only using a basic compact digital so was pretty suprised when I scanned though the pics and found that I had caught the moment...

Approaching the corner

Back wheel steps out

Ouch

And the cause of the fall
Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Paris Roubaix 2010 Ouch
« Reply #1 on: 12 April, 2010, 12:39:28 pm »
Was he OK?
Getting there...

2_Flat_Erics

• 2 Flat Eric's
« Reply #2 on: 12 April, 2010, 12:44:45 pm »
Sorry should have included this in the original post.

He got up and dusted himself off. Mechanics put his chain back on and he tore off into the dust.

He wasn't clutching any damaged bones, and no obvious cuts or grazes. He appeared to be fine as he rode away.

Never argue with an idot....
They just bring you down to their level
then win on experience.

2 Flat Erics You Tube Channel

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 12 April, 2010, 01:09:12 pm »
Oh, good news.  Great photos, btw.
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 12 April, 2010, 01:17:32 pm »
So 2_Flat_Erics rolls into Flanders with his ell cheapo digi camera and wipes the floor with all  ;)

Meanwhile the "Lets not talk about how much money" digital brigade  :-[

I think I missed the most dramitic action as I was making sure he was ok  :smug: O:-) :smug:

« Reply #5 on: 12 April, 2010, 01:20:12 pm »
bastard, I wish I didn't get injured when my back wheel skips out like that. Great pictures peoples,

« Reply #6 on: 12 April, 2010, 01:53:15 pm »
Well as a professional photographer I must applaud up - great pics and hard to believe they are captured with a compact - mine would only take one in the amount of time yours has taken the sequence!