General Category > Audax

The company on DIYs and perms thread

<< < (2/102) > >>

MattH:
As a user of the board, I'd prefer a sticky index with no discussion or a sub-board to a sticky organisational topic where people make arrangements. The reason being that threads rapidly diverge, and digging through pages of discussion doesn't help in finding out where people are riding and when.

The problem with an index is that it will be more effort to maintain and enforce for Mal.
I'm not sure if there would be enough rides organised to justify a sub-board - I guess there are typically a dozen or so a year?

mattc:

--- Quote from: MattH on 18 September, 2009, 07:53:41 am ---The problem with an index is that it will be more effort to maintain and enforce for Mal.

--- End quote ---
shouldn't be a problem for Mal - see Mal's example Hellfire post, where he LINKS to t'other thread. You could do that with your own thread. An informative post here would act as a 'calendar entry' for group perms. New riders may then stumble upon it serendipitously :)

(See also TG's post, where he fails to do this - he understands gear ratios but not embedding URLs !)

There may just be a dozen now, but the market could increase if we set this sort of thing up.

Weirdy Biker:
Series of Surrey / Sussex permanents over the winter.  Mainly based on El Supremo's fine rides.

Topic with more info / updates at:

http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=24811.0

RichForrest:
December DIY200 from MK Anyone want to join me :thumbsup:

MSeries:
DIY 200 in December, start Leeds area. Anyone care to join me, route negotiable

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version