Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by T42 on Today at 02:41:58 pm »
45k to get legs moving - they were fuxxored after Tuesday's ride. TBH they weren't much better for 3 days off.  Bike sort-of OK, was able to better employ the gears.  Need to do a few long ones now and decide whether to stick with the Trek or move the motor back onto the Ti Warhorse. 3x10 seems to work better that 2x11-1 - and the high BB on the Ti means that I don't have to worry about pedal strikes in 90° corners, which means I can keep power on all the way round.
I’m personally not bothered, but it will mean that those currently in town will be mostly be of  a happier disposition when Dr Beardy is making her way home.
You’ll be pleased to know they won.
The Sporting Life / Re: County Cricket 2024
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 02:17:56 pm »
“The pitch is greener than the Notts game! There was torrential rain down here Wednesday and Thursday, which means it was damper too. It’s still moving around a bit but they usually get easier for batting. Good job it’s not spinning or we’d be on course for a points reduction.”

Quote from Graun, source Vic Marks

I note that 5 of Essex’s runs come from a penalty. I wonder if that is because the ball hit a unworn helmet?
Grow Your Own / Re: Which Mulri-purpose compost now?
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 02:12:42 pm »
Thankyou very much, I’ll investigate those.
Grow Your Own / Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Last post by rafletcher on Today at 02:11:50 pm »
No, they’d be fine - a rambling rose is a lot heavier. And we used to have a clematis armandii up our fence and that’s also more dense than the wisteria. In fact that one is being gradually trained along the fence behind it as well. We have a second, later flowering, over a pergola.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 02:01:44 pm »
Wordle 1,050 4/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by TheLurker on Today at 01:57:42 pm »
Quote from: rogerzilla
(also, Enola Gay was a B-29, but we'll let that pass)
I know this very well, the association was Boeing bombers, not a specific type. So yah boo sucks. :)
Grow Your Own / Re: What have you done on the plot today?
« Last post by Mrs Pingu on Today at 01:47:04 pm »
I was wondering if a wisteria would be suitable for growing up a fence? Or are they a bit too heavy?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 01:24:10 pm »
Shock The Monkey - Peter Gabriel
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10