Author Topic: Where have all the little birdies gone?  (Read 955 times)

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
Where have all the little birdies gone?
« on: 28 December, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »
My garden seems to attract only big birds.

No, not like that! Seagulls, crows, magpies, collared doves, and humungous Wood pigeons. Where are all the sparrows, robins and wrens? 
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
Re: Where have all the little birdies gone?
« Reply #1 on: 28 December, 2009, 01:01:32 pm »
Are you trying to attract small birds with food?

Is there adequate cover for small birds (bushes, trees)?

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #2 on: 28 December, 2009, 01:04:43 pm »
They're all in my garden south of the Thames. Blue tits, great tits, long-tailed tits, chaffinches, sparrows, robins, dunnocks, etc. There's a very nice tit right in front of me at the mo.  :thumbsup:
There's no vibrations, but wait.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #3 on: 28 December, 2009, 01:28:22 pm »
They're all in my garden south of the Thames. Blue tits, great tits, long-tailed tits, chaffinches, sparrows, robins, dunnocks, etc. There's a very nice tit right in front of me at the mo.  :thumbsup:

what e said. Got a robin, some blue tits, and a couple of long-tailed tits in my garden as we speak.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 28 December, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »
Yep. Goldfinch, Greenfinch, LT Tits, Coal Tits, Blue Tits, Chaffinch, Dunnocks, Robins  & a Nuthatch all on our feeders this afternoon.  And a Moorhen hoovering up :)