Author Topic: Travel tickets  (Read 1628 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Travel tickets
« on: 30 August, 2012, 12:57:29 pm »
We've got tickets for some stuff in the main stadium next week ... does anyone know how you get the "free" Travelcard please?   The 2012 website says you get one - but not how ... and the special price train tickets I've bought say "this part of the journey is covered by your free Travelcard"

Do they post them out?   (The actual event tickets have been downloaded and printed)

Rob

Martin

Re: Travel tickets
« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2012, 01:02:33 pm »
they came with my tickets in the post (for an event nowhere near London  ???)

« Reply #2 on: 30 August, 2012, 01:04:29 pm »
I found this out while trawling their website for something else. Basically you have to collect them from a box office if you chose the print at home option. Obviously this ignores the small matter of how you *get* to the box office.

We are not able to send out Games travelcards for print at home tickets. You are able to collect these from your Venue Box Office  on the day of your event.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3 on: 30 August, 2012, 01:39:21 pm »
Just to concur with Martin, all our prebooked tickets have come with the travel cards. Even the rowing, where the cards were valid to Slough.
It is simpler than it looks.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #4 on: 30 August, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »
After much searching I too have found the "we are not sending them out" message .... I can see a deep and meaningful discussion being held with the ticket man on the underground . . .

I can't see that they can argue if we   a) have an Olympic event ticket, and   b) have a rail ticket from our start point (Bicester North) to Stratford International station ..... but have no means of getting the Travelcard.   

What's annoying is that we planned to have a tootle round in London from about mid-morning before going to the Olympic park at about 1800 for the evening performance.

BTW - the travel routing is interesting ... our return trip : Stratford (the E15 one, not the real one wher I live)  to Marylebone is "overground to Liverpool St; Met line to Edgware Road and walk (back?) to Marylebone" ... surely Baker St on the Met line makes more sense ... or better : Central Line to Oxford Circus, Bakerloo to Marylebone.     

I appreciate that there's the opportunity to play Mornington Crescent here ... but like many I can probably negotiate any part of the underground network without the aid of a map.  WTF are the people that wrote the instructions thinking about?

Rob

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #5 on: 30 August, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »
Last night the exit barriers at Stratford were open as we arrived for the ceremony.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #6 on: 31 August, 2012, 10:55:37 am »
Last night the exit barriers at Stratford were open as we arrived for the ceremony.

When we went yesterday afternoon the barriers at Stratford were open.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

gordon taylor

« Reply #7 on: 01 September, 2012, 01:08:09 pm »
Same this morning. Huge crowds at st pancras and stratford int. All barriers open, no checks. Very slick operation and crowd handling.

sas

• Penguin power
    • My Flickr Photos
« Reply #8 on: 02 September, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »
You can travel as long as you've got a printout of the ticket/confirmation:
http://www.getaheadofthegames.com/news/1380.html
It's since been confirmed that you can also use it on the Javelin.

There's a central London Box office open from 10.00:
http://www.london2012.com/paralympics/spectators/tickets/box-office/
Go there and pick up a travelcard.
I am nothing and should be everything

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #9 on: 03 September, 2012, 12:33:30 am »
For today's journeys we only needed the travel card to get out at Dalston tonight, otherwise the barriers have been open, at St P, at Straftord.