Author Topic: Cycling accident and helping out  (Read 7054 times)

annie

Re: Cycling accident and helping out
« Reply #25 on: 16 April, 2008, 07:24:38 am »
I too was surprised that she had been allowed home but they said that as she had someone with her she should be fine, they gave her the usual 'head injury sheet' just in case something happened and they needed to go back to the hospital.

Her husband told me he felt as though he was really panicking but that I was very calm and took control of the situation and made everyone feel as calm as possible.

I imagine she has a bit of a headache today.

« Reply #26 on: 16 April, 2008, 08:09:35 am »
I was allowed out of casulty with concussion once after explaining that Borris was at home, but neglecting to add that Borris was a cat.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #27 on: 16 April, 2008, 08:43:59 am »
...whose main problem with you passing out would be, who was going to use the tin opener, and when was the kitty litter going to be changed next...

Until they get opposable thumbs (and can use tin openers) they don't count. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #28 on: 16 April, 2008, 09:58:46 am »
I smacked my head/helmet hard enough that when I came round I heard what in my confused state I thought were angels singing, and remember thinking I wished they would stop so I could hear what the people were saying to me!

I was still sent home once the broken elbow was attended to though, was only there a few hours, most of which was in the waiting room. They didn't seem bothered as I didn't even have a headache (which is miraculous for me, as I get them regularly at the slightest hint of stress).

« Reply #29 on: 16 April, 2008, 10:23:07 am »
To be fair, I did complain of a mild headache, and who wouldn't have one after smacking your head into a kerb at 15-20 mph!  They were clearly worried about my nervous system, since they continuously checked my iris' response to bright lights, and my general responses to various neurological queries.

If I didn't say it before Annie, your responses to events, and helpfulness at that accident seem entirely appropriate and useful.  Good stuff. :thumbsup:  I wish I could be half as switched on and useful on similar occasions.
Actually, it is rocket science.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #30 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:45:24 pm »
As far as I recall, the guidelines for head injury management state that loss of consciousness with full recovery was not necessarily a reason for admission so long as there is a responsible adult to attend/observe.

If that was being followed to the letter in the young lad's case, I was pleased to think he had fully recovered. I knew he was going to his parents' home.