Author Topic: Tandem LE_JOG  (Read 4792 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Tandem LE_JOG
« Reply #25 on: 02 October, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »
In one of the 5 following BMW vehicles.

I may have seen you last night then in Trentham & Newcastle-under-Lyme

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #26 on: 02 October, 2011, 10:45:04 pm »
The current lapsed time & distance, & average mph make it look like a bit of a photo finish.

« Reply #27 on: 02 October, 2011, 10:50:49 pm »
Have they stopped?
The time has stopped and the miles have too. Even if they haven't and what it says is right, but cannot be updated (lack of signal?) they still had 112 miles to go and about 7 hours to do it in. Thats 16mph average, so they could still do it, if they're still gong and they can speed up a bit.
They're past Inverness though, by at least a few miles.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #28 on: 02 October, 2011, 11:03:53 pm »
The clock stopped on 43 hours.  43 hours from Saturday 3am was about hour ago now, which doesn't bode well. 

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #29 on: 02 October, 2011, 11:14:54 pm »
Twitter account is more up to date.

http://twitter.com/#!/project7racing
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #30 on: 02 October, 2011, 11:19:39 pm »
The tracker's working again!  94 miles with the clock currently on 44.17, giving them 5 hours 57 minutes to the record.  I wouldn't like to be in their saddles right now.

« Reply #31 on: 02 October, 2011, 11:41:42 pm »
Looks like it's still on then. They held out better today that I thought they would. I think that most that get past Inverness succeed, but it's been a while since I read my E2E book.
On one hand, being down to double figures and having the end in sight would be a big psycholocical help, I should think. On the other hand, they've got some tough riding ahead, after a tough ride, to be ridden at the toughest time of day.
Might have to set my alarm clock for 4am to see if they make it.

« Reply #32 on: 03 October, 2011, 01:54:17 am »
68 miles out, they have packed for safety reasons gutted for them  :o :o :o

« Reply #33 on: 03 October, 2011, 03:45:00 am »
We are very sorry to report we have had to abandon the lejog tandem record attempt. Safety is our priority and we simply can't continue

Looks to me like they were getting sleepy and probably wouldn't have made it anyway. I saw that they'd stopped at the time they did, but wondered if it was just the bad reception not getting the message across, so went for a doze. But they still had to increase their sped to get the record just befroe they stopped. If they were getting sleepy, I seriously doubt they'd have done it anyway, so I don't think it was entirely for safety reasons, it's just good PR. ;)
They couldn't have got much sleep before they started at 3am, so this would have been more or less their 3rd night. IME going faster never happens in the early hours when I'm getting sleepy and it's usualy a battle just to keep moving.
They still did better than I thought they would and I was never sure whether they'd do it or not having only numbers to go by. Very good effort.