General Category > Folders

EZ Clamp for Brompton

(1/2) > >>

D.A.L.E.:
These, for my money, are the single best accessory you can buy for your Brompton. YACF might already know about these, but most people I speak to do not.

https://ezclamp.co.uk/

No affiliation, no commission, just a cool little product I've used and continue to use daily.

rogerzilla:
I use them but they don't really speed up folding, and they slow unfolding.  Yes, they align the clamps properly.  However, they prevent the screw being spun rapidly, so it's swings and roundabouts.

D.A.L.E.:

--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 22 December, 2023, 09:42:19 am ---I use them but they don't really speed up folding, and they slow unfolding.  Yes, they align the clamps properly.  However, they prevent the screw being spun rapidly, so it's swings and roundabouts.

--- End quote ---

Eh? I have absolutely no issue with that. They have no relevance to the speed of the screw being spun?

rogerzilla:
Except the makers claim

--- Quote ---Increased speed of the fastening and unfastening process.
--- End quote ---

D.A.L.E.:

--- Quote from: rogerzilla on 22 December, 2023, 10:19:58 am ---Except the makers claim

--- Quote ---Increased speed of the fastening and unfastening process.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Which I'd agree with, no more pissing about lining up and adjusting the hinge clamp. The screw speed is unaffected.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version