Author Topic: GCN  (Read 5575 times)

Re: GCN
« Reply #25 on: 21 February, 2021, 09:50:20 pm »
^ hope you've left this comment on their video
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #26 on: 22 February, 2021, 10:50:25 am »
I note that unlike the others she was correctly referring to it as a velomobile,
What else was it being called? It was a "velomobiel" in one of the other vids, don't know if that was a typo or just Dutch.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 22 February, 2021, 12:23:22 pm »
I note that unlike the others she was correctly referring to it as a velomobile,
What else was it being called?

They kept calling it a recumbent bike.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #28 on: 22 February, 2021, 02:39:14 pm »

They kept calling it a recumbent bike.

In one of the recent two videos, they called it the carbon coffin too...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #29 on: 23 February, 2021, 02:21:36 pm »
So they did. I wonder if that (recumbent, not carbon coffin!) was partly in order not to overload viewers with lots of new terminology at the same time as funny bikes, all at once? I mean, it's not even a bike! In fact, didn't he (think it was Hank) refer to one of the recumbents he was trying as a "three-wheeled bike"?  :facepalm:
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #30 on: 07 March, 2021, 01:59:49 pm »
Another Castle Coombe velomobile video, which seems out of sequence. I suspect they hired the place for the day and just made the most of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLC3uGnPVs8

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #31 on: 15 March, 2021, 08:59:58 pm »
I thought she was obviously jiggling too much up and down so must have been wasting energy. The Milan should go faster than she managed as she is a fit rider. Also i wasn’t sure what the problem with corners was as they corner like they are on rails.

I am a slow rider but even in my 100 kg days I could pedal my Milan up to 45 km/h over a couple of hundred metres and I have no acceleration and very little power.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #32 on: 15 March, 2021, 09:28:38 pm »
I thought she was obviously jiggling too much up and down so must have been wasting energy. The Milan should go faster than she managed as she is a fit rider. Also i wasn’t sure what the problem with corners was as they corner like they are on rails.

By multitrack standards.  I was impressed when I took Lee's round the rather twisty track at Gravesend.  But if you're only used to bicycles, any trike is going to be scarily different on corners.  Especially an easily-scratched borrowed one.

I am a slow rider but even in my 100 kg days I could pedal my Milan up to 45 km/h over a couple of hundred metres and I have no acceleration and very little power.

She was going a bit faster than I can manage on the Baron under similar conditions, albeit at more sensible temperatures.  I've yet to establish my Vmax in a Milan, as Covid-19 happened before I had an opportunity to try on a more suitable track.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #33 on: 15 March, 2021, 10:21:45 pm »
Given suitable conditions a Milan SL will crack 60 mph on nominally level ground :). OK, the race lid with a very tiny 'ole for the seeing out of is probably not something you’d want to use on the way to the shops but Wild Bill Thornton didn’t strike me as being a particularly oversized engine either.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime