Author Topic: Oregon 300 Missing Maps Section  (Read 1756 times)

alexnugget

Oregon 300 Missing Maps Section
« on: 17 May, 2010, 06:27:45 pm »
Hi guys.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I recently upgraded the firmware on my oregon 300 to the latest upgrade and suddenly there is a section of the map (OSM Cycle) missing for the South West of England. The rest of the map is fine. Which would not usually bother me other than I am going on holiday there.
I have tried reinstalling the map and rolling back to a previous firmware version but to no avail.
Any help is gratefully recieved

Re: Oregon 300 Missing Maps Section
« Reply #1 on: 17 May, 2010, 06:39:37 pm »
i've not noticed maps missing but there seen to be a good number of roads missing. They're on osm but for some reason don't show on the oregon.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #2 on: 17 May, 2010, 07:02:10 pm »
Alex - that sounds like a bad map.  I've created bad maps like this by accident (you slice the country into arbitrary chunks during processing, then miss a chunk when putting it all back together).  Try an earlier version of the map, or a fresher one; if the error persists, mail the maker.  They'll probably be as  :facepalm: as I was.

Wagtail - zoom level?  The new-gen Garmins have different zoom levels to the Etrexes.  Also, all Garmins arbitrarily hide stuff while routing (especially stuff with non-standard styling - such as roads or lines repurposed for cycle-specific maps - one reason I don't do it). 
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #3 on: 17 May, 2010, 07:09:16 pm »
thanks ,will check it out.

alexnugget

« Reply #4 on: 18 May, 2010, 06:00:04 pm »
Alex - that sounds like a bad map.  I've created bad maps like this by accident (you slice the country into arbitrary chunks during processing, then miss a chunk when putting it all back together).  Try an earlier version of the map, or a fresher one; if the error persists, mail the maker.  They'll probably be as  :facepalm: as I was.

Wagtail - zoom level?  The new-gen Garmins have different zoom levels to the Etrexes.  Also, all Garmins arbitrarily hide stuff while routing (especially stuff with non-standard styling - such as roads or lines repurposed for cycle-specific maps - one reason I don't do it). 

Thanks.
I will try a different map I think - It's more of a pain than anything else as it doesn't affect the area that I live in, just the area where I am on holiday.
Will let you know

« Reply #5 on: 18 May, 2010, 06:11:43 pm »
it must have been the zoom settings or something because the roads were there today and they're definately in the GPS!