Author Topic: Socially Distant...  (Read 4246 times)

Re: Socially Distant...
« Reply #25 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:01:52 pm »
There's probably an argument for carrying a couple of ziplock bags or something so you can contain contaminated tools until you get home.  How's Blodwyn Pig handling his roadside finds?
How long do we reckon till he finds his first (unused) roadside covid testing kit? Will it be before or after the full hazmat suit?

I've seen people cycling wearing masks.
Context: Out on the Severn estuary where there are almost no people.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #26 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:15:41 pm »
There's probably an argument for carrying a couple of ziplock bags or something so you can contain contaminated tools until you get home.  How's Blodwyn Pig handling his roadside finds?
How long do we reckon till he finds his first (unused) roadside covid testing kit? Will it be before or after the full hazmat suit?

You saw people cycling on the Severn estuary? Those fat bikes can go anywhere when you fill the tyres with helium.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

LMT

« Reply #27 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:19:30 pm »
Yes, it was.

I thought it was a joke first. I'd made the same joke offering mine for £16k. Got a few offers, actually, but negotiations broke down when I insisted on two rolls AND half a bottle of hand sanitiser.

He wasnt joking though.

You are aware of the trainer I was offering to sell? Which was a brand new Tacx Neo 2 which currently sells for £1200. When this first went for sale, it was in a sale for a grand hence my offering of £800. This the increased to £1k following the demand for trainers going up.

If you or anyone else has got a problem with 'the wanky shit' of me selling a brand new trainer for 20-25% below RRP then yous can do one.

Looks like your Sale post has gone. But not sold. Odd. 

Seems weird if you removed it, given your self-justification. If it wasn't you that removed it then your threats that those of us who found it distasteful (ie. everyone who commented) can "do one" seem somewhat impotent.

Telling someone to do one is not a threat, where is the implied danger or harm - there is none. I'm dismissing what you are saying because you're talking bollox, no more, no less.

Know what you are going on about before running your mouth (or else) - this is a threat to demonstrate the point.

And the thread was removed without my knowledge, don't matter me no never mind as the trainer was sold elsewhere for £1100.

« Reply #28 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:20:02 pm »

You saw people cycling on the Severn estuary? Those fat bikes can go anywhere when you fill the tyres with helium.  :D

Not so much that as the webbed feet

LMT

« Reply #29 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:21:19 pm »
Yes, it was.

I thought it was a joke first. I'd made the same joke offering mine for £16k. Got a few offers, actually, but negotiations broke down when I insisted on two rolls AND half a bottle of hand sanitiser.

He wasnt joking though.

It went up with current market conditions and has sold elsewhere.

I find it odd that you keep posts of mine, have you nothing better to do?
You are aware of the trainer I was offering to sell? Which was a brand new Tacx Neo 2 which currently sells for £1200. When this first went for sale, it was in a sale for a grand hence my offering of £800. This the increased to £1k following the demand for trainers going up.

If you or anyone else has got a problem with 'the wanky shit' of me selling a brand new trainer for 20-25% below RRP then yous can do one.

It didn't sell, so you put the price up.

I put the price up in line with current market conditions and it has sold elsewhere.

I find it odd that you keep old posts of mine, have you nothing better to do?

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #30 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:30:39 pm »
Yes, it was.

He wasnt joking though.

I put the price up in line with current market conditions and it has sold elsewhere.

What? Flatus has been bog snorkelling the Severn Estuary on a fat bike today while wearing full PPE. It doesn't get better than that!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #31 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:34:19 pm »

Years ago Tigerrrrrrr rode the Sevrn Bore. Or at least wrote about doing so.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #32 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:35:31 pm »

Not really, and this is the Internet after all.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #33 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:39:43 pm »
Yes, it was.

He wasnt joking though.

If you had put the price up on some kind of site like eBay, then there's not really an issue.

Here is more of a community. Gouging a community is wanky shit.
It is simpler than it looks.

LMT

« Reply #34 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:46:42 pm »
Yes, it was.

He wasnt joking though.

If you had put the price up on some kind of site like eBay, then there's not really an issue.

And business is business and on from that none of yours, but carry on none the less if that's your thing.

« Reply #35 on: 20 April, 2020, 08:47:45 pm »
And the thread was removed without my knowledge ...

Probably by one of the moderators because price gouging isn't really welcome here.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Davef

« Reply #36 on: 20 April, 2020, 09:59:43 pm »
Price gouging is immoral, exploiting the desperate by charging many times the normal rate for basic essentials such as food, medicines and turbo trainers. Shame on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LMT

« Reply #37 on: 20 April, 2020, 11:10:51 pm »
And the thread was removed without my knowledge ...

Probably by one of the moderators because price gouging isn't really welcome here.

The price of trainer (which was brand new) was £200 less than what you could get at the time, a few weeks before that it was £400 less. Don't see how this is price gouging.

LMT

« Reply #38 on: 20 April, 2020, 11:11:55 pm »
Price gouging is immoral, exploiting the desperate by charging many times the normal rate for basic essentials such as food, medicines and turbo trainers. Shame on you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

;D

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #39 on: 21 April, 2020, 08:49:04 am »
Maybe the mods could sort the posts on price gouging into a separate thread?

Or is it possible for me to do that as thread-starter? I don't see this option but might simply have not found it.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #40 on: 21 April, 2020, 09:16:49 am »

Or is it possible for me to do that as thread-starter? I don't see this option but might simply have not found it.
I'll do it for you. My normal fee is very reasonable, but in these circumstances I'll go a bit higher.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #41 on: 21 April, 2020, 09:24:41 am »
Yes, it was.

He wasnt joking though.

And business is business and on from that none of yours, but carry on none the less if that's your thing.

Ah, you see this forum as business. That would help explain the wanky shit.
It is simpler than it looks.

LMT

« Reply #42 on: 21 April, 2020, 10:35:46 am »
 ::-)

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #43 on: 21 April, 2020, 10:59:39 am »

I'll do it for you. My normal fee is very reasonable, but in these circumstances I'll go a bit higher.
Quite understandable under the circumstances.

(Are you a mod? If not, how did you do this?)

« Reply #44 on: 21 April, 2020, 11:31:15 am »

As the thread-starter the only options that you have are to delete the thread or move it, by clicking on the red cross or blue arrow to the right of your thread on the index page of the board within which your thread resides.

If you want the posts about price gouging to be separated out by the mods/admin, you could click on "Report to moderator" (bottom right of posts), and type some words regarding what you want done.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #45 on: 21 April, 2020, 11:37:55 am »

As the thread-starter the only options that you have are to delete the thread or move it, by clicking on the red cross or blue arrow to the right of your thread on the index page of the board within which your thread resides.

If you want the posts about price gouging to be separated out by the mods/admin, you could click on "Report to moderator" (bottom right of posts), and type some words regarding what you want done.
That nice Mr Hall has done it, because he is a very nice and talented man. The original thread is here: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115406.0

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #46 on: 21 April, 2020, 11:44:30 am »

That nice Mr Hall has done it, because he is a very nice and talented man. The original thread is here: https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=115406.0

While there are some that won't dispute your kind words, it wasn't me. I was just joshing with you.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #47 on: 21 April, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »

While there are some that won't dispute your kind words, it wasn't me. I was just joshing with you.
You dastardly cad!

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #48 on: 03 May, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »
some are taking their "garage sales" to the extreme (liking the excuses):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283852419309

« Reply #49 on: 03 May, 2020, 07:29:17 pm »
They'll be lucky.  OOI  had a look, and saw an ebay bike shop selling a brand new model for ~£1300.   :)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson