Author Topic: Joan Rivers and Loose Women  (Read 6822 times)

LEE

Re: Joan Rivers and Loose Women
« Reply #25 on: 24 June, 2008, 03:51:31 pm »
Well there are Animal Rights Campaigners and there are Animal Rights Campaigners of course.  Some deserve support and some deserve ridicule. 

As for wearing fur, it's a tricky one because some fur is from farm-bred animals.  I think fur looks better on the original animal but, just like South African Hunting Estates (where Animals are bred to be shot by weathy hunters, including ones we think of as endangered) the lines have got all blurred.  The animals wouldn't exist without demand for the product, that's no different to Turkey Twizzlers.  I assume she wasn't wearing a wild Panda skin.

I guess I need to hear the joke but we all make mistakes and jokes in poor taste don't make someone rotten to the core and repulsive in the extreme.  Once you go to extremes like that for makers of tasteless jokes you have nowhere left to go for people like Rudolph Hess.  He was repulsive in the extreme wasn't he? (I never heard his standup routine) Ohmygod I keep thinking of tasteless Hess jokes now.  I'd better go

D0m1n1c Burford

Re: Joan Rivers and Loose Women
« Reply #26 on: 24 June, 2008, 08:38:55 pm »
Well there are Animal Rights Campaigners and there are Animal Rights Campaigners of course.  Some deserve support and some deserve ridicule. 

As for wearing fur, it's a tricky one because some fur is from farm-bred animals.  I think fur looks better on the original animal but, just like South African Hunting Estates (where Animals are bred to be shot by weathy hunters, including ones we think of as endangered) the lines have got all blurred.  The animals wouldn't exist without demand for the product, that's no different to Turkey Twizzlers.  I assume she wasn't wearing a wild Panda skin.

I guess I need to hear the joke but we all make mistakes and jokes in poor taste don't make someone rotten to the core and repulsive in the extreme.  Once you go to extremes like that for makers of tasteless jokes you have nowhere left to go for people like Rudolph Hess.  He was repulsive in the extreme wasn't he? (I never heard his standup routine) Ohmygod I keep thinking of tasteless Hess jokes now.  I'd better go

Here are the true horrors behind the fur industry, not the sanitised media version:

A Shocking Look Inside Chinese Fur Farms
PETA TV: Select Your Media Preferences: Trent Reznor - China Dog and Cat Fur Farm Investigation   

Poking fun at such cruelty, is why Joan Rivers is a loathesome person IMO.