Author Topic: tandem racing anyone?  (Read 2410 times)

tandem racing anyone?
« on: 15 May, 2012, 08:48:17 am »
The Pennies in the Park event at Thoresby Hall 19th 20th May will alongside the usual penny farthing racing and unicycle racing, feature a tandem race on closed roads. All welcome, sign up on the day. Tandem racing is on the saturday.
more info at www.penniesinthepark.co.uk

This is really a chance for the young riders who have just learned to pilot/stoke for the UK school games to get some more racing but you are all welcome to come and play :)

Re: tandem racing anyone?
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2012, 09:09:29 am »
Oh I wish we
a) weren't too skint for extra train fares,
b) weren't busy on Sunday, anyway.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Chris S

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2012, 09:18:32 am »
Rats. Injured stoker, and Bryan Chapman weekend. Otherwise...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2012, 09:47:34 am »
There seem to be a fair few YACFie tandemistaih, maybe enough to organise a YACF Tandem Racing W/E? You won't catch me on one but I'd love to be an engaged spectator.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2012, 10:16:10 am »
Arse.  More notice needed next time (tho, if we had the cash, we may well have been off camping in Warks anyway).  I wish we'd known about the tandem racing at HH last Sunday further in advance, too.  There were examples with mudguards etc in the race as it was, though it was predictably won by a fixed racing model with a hyooge chainring.
Getting there...

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #5 on: 18 May, 2012, 01:56:43 pm »
HH => Herne Hill? Damn, I'd have loved to have seen that.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #6 on: 18 May, 2012, 02:34:47 pm »
That' barely an hour from home.A pity I didn't know sooner but having made ride & family plans for this weekend I shall have to give it miss

« Reply #7 on: 18 May, 2012, 08:59:16 pm »
HH => Herne Hill? Damn, I'd have loved to have seen that.

It was fab! I wish they'd sort out the publicity for such events, it always seems to be a bit rubbish. :( If South London Tandemists are not aware of a tandem event, there isn't much chance for other interested people. is there?
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.