Author Topic: Campagnolo-fit cables?  (Read 1883 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Campagnolo-fit cables?
« on: 08 April, 2012, 06:09:25 pm »
While building up the Audax tandem, I discovered that we had lots of Shimano-fit tandem brake cables (x4) stored but we only had one brake cable that would fit into Campag 10sp Ergolevers. The tandem is together and working but I like to carry a spare cable and cable splitters won't fit on the brake cable without taking the paint off the top tube.

Luckily the gear cables we had were Ride-On and gave no problems but I want to buy a spare standard SS gear cable too.

Which brands of tandem brake and gear cables will definitely fit into a Campag 10sp Ergolever without jamming?

Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Re: Campagnolo-fit cables?
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »
Hi,

I use Fibrax tandem cables  I bought on  Ebay with Campy 9sp levers. The fit is excellent, they are cheap but they do the job very well!

When I compare the 9sp levers on the tandem with the 10sp levers on my solo bike It looks like there is no difference in
cable dimensions, but I'm not absolutely sure of this.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2012, 09:00:37 pm »
FWIW, if you are in the position of only being able to get a Clarks cable, they stamp the ends with (what you would assume) is the end that you need for a particular fitting (a C and a S, respectively).  HOWEVER, I have learnt from experience that what they actually mean is that you chop off that end for that particular use (so counter-intuitive).

Doesn't say anything about it on the packet, and fortunately I was able to compare and contrast the ends in the comfort of my garage, not out on the road.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State