Author Topic: The Arts & Ent grumble thread. (It’s hardly worth a a Rant!)  (Read 653 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
Bloody Streaming content providers. Most of them it would seem.

After purposefully creating a large population of binge watching square eyes, it seems the marketing execs have got a new wheeze. It’s bad enough when they release their new content weekly in an attempt to create some sort of ‘water cooler’ promotion, (it doesn’t work here because a) we just wait until they’ve released all episodes and b) we don’t work any more so don’t have access to a water cooler). Now, however, they've decided that releasing have the series on one date, and then the other have on a second date.

The bastards have caught us out twice, but we’re wise to them now. This evening we have rejected four new series because they’ve only release part. I had to search online to confirm that they have only released part of the series, and that the second half is scheduled, but Netflix, Prime and Apple TV can all just FRO.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Beardy

• Shedist
Re: The Arts & Ent grumble thread. (It’s hardly worth a a Rant!)
« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2023, 09:08:31 pm »
And while I think about it, what has happened to Prime’s UI? It’s beyond shocking. And every change they make removes something that was useful.

It’s bad enough that it’s a disorganised mess and browsing it to find something interesting on the off chance is like wading into a used book store that has organised its books by spine size and colour. No, belay that, it lacks even the aesthetic that such a useless organisation would provide.

No, Prime, to whom I pay a subscription for content are now more interested in up selling me sub memberships and ‘premium content’, to the extent that the last update even removed the ‘free to me’ slide that almost made it bearable. Well It’s backfiring here, because we mainly go to Prime to search for something someone else has already recommended or to watch new series of programmes we’re already hooked on. And given that we are using Amazon less these days, I think Prime is a sub whose days are numbered.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.