Author Topic: Old Digital Cameras - Still going strong  (Read 21179 times)

Re: Old Digital Cameras - Still going strong
« Reply #75 on: 23 May, 2020, 07:21:15 pm »
Just won a Miranda 70-210mm f4.5 Macro from eBay for £6.50. Not a prime but worth a play with at that price.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #76 on: 23 May, 2020, 10:47:33 pm »
That takes me back. I had Miranda K-mount stuff when I first started. I'm still on K-mount DSLRs now. In fact I'll still have the film stuff and various lenses in a bag.

« Reply #77 on: 28 May, 2020, 12:31:04 pm »
Well the chipped adaptor arrived from China. Cant get it to do anything more than the dumb adapter did, no focus confirm at all :(

Meanwhile a dumb adaptor for the OM-D EM10 II arrived. That works really well! In body stabilisation, focus peaking and magnification through the EVF as well. Much easier. The whole setup even looks like an analogue OM 4 for added cool.

I'd still like to get the E500 working with old lenses better though as I would be tempted to take it out where I might worry about the OM-D, 8 mega pixels is still pretty good for most things and its a nice handling body even if its old and butt ugly.

« Reply #78 on: 29 May, 2020, 01:49:07 pm »
The 135 is excellent for birds in the garden. Been practising with it and a squirrel even turned up to add to the fun. When I find the USB lead that fits the camera I'll post some pics.

« Reply #79 on: 31 May, 2020, 01:18:54 pm »
Here we go. Some first efforts. These are unprocessed JPGs straight out of the camera except for the poppy which I clicked enhance in an old version of Shotwell. All shot with an Olympus 135mm F3.5 prime.
I need to practice focusing quicker and play with some different photo software but I am pleased with the way these old lenses work on the EM10. Much more fun than the kit auto focus zooms and I think the pictures look different as well.

« Reply #80 on: 02 June, 2020, 05:59:42 pm »
I'm still using my entry level Pentax K100D Super dslr from 2007.

« Reply #81 on: 02 June, 2020, 07:01:59 pm »
See my comment (third post in the thread) about my K110D. Although I accidentally got a K70 as well, so the K110D is rather disused now.

The full story is that I left the K30 and some other kit, my passport included :o in a café in Köln HBf. I was rather upset. My wife kindly bought the K70 as a replacement for my birthday :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Then, several months later, the café owner got in touch to return my bag, K30 included :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I really don't take enough photos to justify two bodies, let alone three, but nor would I consider selling them ::-)

« Reply #82 on: 02 June, 2020, 09:04:50 pm »
My Pentax K100D Super is the newest "big" camera I've got and I use that mainly for "product photography" (flogging stuff on Ebay). I bought an even older Pentax ist DS body a couple of years ago as a back up, about £20, but I haven't used it much.