Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 904983 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #7000 on: 04 May, 2024, 07:08:55 pm »
A bit late, but Ronnie “I know my worth and the Saudis will pay me it” O’Sullivan.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #7001 on: 04 May, 2024, 07:31:25 pm »
Tory MP Andrew Griffiths, for this gem

Quote from: Bloke Who Looks Like An Ostrich Egg With A Face Drawn On It
You're going to get Keir Starmer in No.10, the most left wing government we've ever had as a country, & an illegal immigrant amnesty.

delivered to BBC Breakfast this am.  Sir Keeves more left-wing than Attlee or Wislon?  Even the notion that he’s further left than Mister Tony Blair would be the product of a supremely twatty mind.

It would appear to be part of tory strategy now to claim that Labour will be the commie high tax regime that we should all fear neglecting to acknowledge that theirs is actually a fascist higher tax regime ...

At least they have a plan for something at last even if it is to blatantly lie and scaremonger about their opponents.  Oh, nothing new there then ...  🤔

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #7002 on: 04 May, 2024, 09:05:47 pm »
Anyone who voted for Ben fucking Houchens.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #7003 on: Yesterday at 10:37:54 am »

Yes. He and his mates are are a disgusting bunch of bastards.

« Reply #7004 on: Yesterday at 11:03:17 am »

You really have to wonder what some people have in place of brains.  In this case you can only assume it's some variety of Stockholm syndrome where they learn to love their oppressor, who whispers sweet words while robbing them blind.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #7005 on: Yesterday at 03:01:22 pm »
Kemi BadEnoch for promoting the bullshit (from the IEA) about the alleged lack of effect that having an Empire had on Britain. And the bollock brained wankers who thought it up.

« Reply #7006 on: Today at 08:51:44 am »
Total nonsense. 2 examples. Library provision in lowland Scotland, all built by empire returnees.
Cotton printing industry in Lancashire built on cheap imported cotton.

« Reply #7007 on: Today at 10:23:29 am »
Total nonsense. 2 examples. Library provision in lowland Scotland, all built by empire returnees.

Your second point; the cotton was cheap because it was grown by slaves. The export market was greatly expedited by the destruction of local industries in the stolen countries. In particular, weaving in Bengal.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #7008 on: Today at 10:32:08 am »
And the cotton mills, like the wool mills on the other side of the Pennines, were worked by low paid immigrants who were brought in specifically from the empire.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #7009 on: Today at 10:38:41 am »

Your second point; the cotton was cheap because it was grown by slaves. The export market was greatly expedited by the destruction of local industries in the stolen countries. In particular, weaving in Bengal.
Exactly.
Beardy, not so sure about the cotton industry in Lancashire/Derbyshire. I understood it was local workers some of whom may well have been pushed off their land but still local.  Happy to be corrected if you have a reference. I grew up in Lancashire/ Derbyshire and my father ran several cotton printing mills.

The main point though is that all of this is clearly available information.

« Reply #7010 on: Today at 10:58:08 am »

Exactly.
Beardy, not so sure about the cotton industry in Lancashire/Derbyshire. I understood it was local workers some of whom may well have been pushed off their land but still local.  Happy to be corrected if you have a reference. I grew up in Lancashire/ Derbyshire and my father ran several cotton printing mills.

The main point though is that all of this is clearly available information.

chrisbainbridge is correct about displaced rural people becoming urban factory fodder, but that was mostly in the18th/19th centuries. The Enclosures were one of the causes of displacement.
Beardy's point really applies to the posr WW2 period.