Author Topic: Indi GSD.  (Read 55567 times)

Indi GSD.
« on: 01 September, 2010, 05:03:56 pm »
I drove to the breeder today to introduce ourselves to the litter and specifically to Indi. The pictures below aren't always Indi as it was hard to tell sometimes as the puppies kept shifting about.
Indi is a GSD black long hair but he may turn up some tan later on. His Mum is all black and his Dad is an all white GSD. Good hip and elbow scores for both parents. We know the breeder and know the mother, grandmother and great grandfather. We wanted a bitch but there was only one in the litter and it was promised to someone who had waited over a year for one from this breeder.
We will collect Indi Sept. 19 when he will be seven and a half weeks old.

Some of the siblings (+/- Indi).

Sleepy dog.

A yawny scratch.

Re: Our new fambly dog.
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:06:03 pm »
IWOOT!!!!

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:07:33 pm »
I love German Shepard dogs ! Unfortunately Mrs Pcolbeck doesn't :(
He looks like a lovely chap.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:27:42 pm »
Too....much....cute....!

GSD puppies are the Best Ever. My first dog was a GSD and I took her home when I was nine and she was nine weeks.

Indi is beautiful.

Good thing his parents have good scores too.

« Reply #4 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:30:00 pm »
Lovely dogs, but they are quite big.  I don't think Talisker would approve of me having one!

Indi and his siblings are exceedingly cute. :thumbsup:
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #5 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:33:25 pm »
Great! The photo's put a smile on my face, especially the one of the three of them.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #6 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:50:35 pm »
A handsome chappie! I look forward to comparing notes about bitten hands/fingers with you!

The relief is, they grow up quickly...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: 01 September, 2010, 07:06:30 pm »
A handsome chappie! I look forward to comparing notes about bitten hands/fingers with you!

But what do you think of the dog?  :P

I let all five have a nibble of my hands and fingers but they helped themselves to the straps of my sandals and toes.

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #8 on: 01 September, 2010, 08:01:59 pm »
Meeep

:D

I also WOOT.

« Reply #9 on: 01 September, 2010, 10:56:18 pm »

:) Like bear cubs - well, the first one anyway.

« Reply #10 on: 18 September, 2010, 08:54:09 pm »
We collect Indi tomorrow.  ;D

On Thursday he was seven weeks old and this is the last breeder picture.

« Reply #11 on: 18 September, 2010, 09:04:11 pm »
Is that your finger in the photo, Del?

Indi looks to be a very small dog.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #12 on: 18 September, 2010, 09:46:46 pm »
Good luck with Indi tomorrow! Poppy's been a bit of a monster this evening - they can be very tiresome at times! Hope you've got plenty of toys and chews...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: 18 September, 2010, 09:47:52 pm »
Is that your finger in the photo, Del?
Foiled! Jurek has spotted the truth. Indi is, in fact, a deformed canary.  :facepalm:
Hope you've got plenty of toys and chews...
I have lots of both. I might let the dog have some as well.  ;D

« Reply #14 on: 19 September, 2010, 01:01:13 pm »
 ;D
Indi is now home and happily wandering all over the place and whining when I go upstairs and bar the dining room door.

He was sick in the car but settled down after half an hour or so.

Outside t' backdoor.

He hasn't seen a moving tortoise yet, that'll be fun when he does.

This is not his regular water bowl  :facepalm:, according to us but he has his own ideas.

Red eye is passée! So try blue.

Just for Jurek. Standing in front of a yellow basket ball.  ;)

« Reply #15 on: 19 September, 2010, 01:10:37 pm »
GSD black long hair

Hope you've got a good hoover  :)

He looks like a nice dog.

« Reply #16 on: 19 September, 2010, 02:04:47 pm »
GSD black long hair

Hope you've got a good hoover  :)

He looks like a nice dog.
We have a pair of Dyson vacs and a carpet cleaning machine but we won't need those until later as where he is enclosed is wood or concrete floor, and the back garden.  :thumbsup:
So far so good with Indi.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #17 on: 19 September, 2010, 03:05:51 pm »
Good stuff!

We just took Poppy next door to meet the chickens we're looking after. One whack of the electric fence on 15-week-old puppy nose means she won't be chasing chickens again in a hurry!

« Reply #18 on: 19 September, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »
Result! Getting caught in the act of defecation and gently put outside now means that he has excused himself to the garden for relief(*) a further three times.

* Not executive relief.  ::-)

Edit: weighs in at 8.5kg.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #19 on: 20 September, 2010, 03:12:49 pm »
Result! Getting caught in the act of defecation and gently put outside now means that he has excused himself to the garden for relief(*) a further three times.

* Not executive relief.  ::-)

Edit: weighs in at 8.5kg.

8.5kg - that's an impressive poo, poor little fellers eyes must have watered for a bit.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #20 on: 23 September, 2010, 10:46:08 am »
Eight weeks old today.

Getting to know the ancient ones. (still scared of him but the tort is sluggish today as it's not so sunny)

Taking Indi to the vet later for a proper weighing, a check up and first vaccinations.

« Reply #21 on: 23 September, 2010, 05:56:37 pm »
Our dog has an "outie" belly button!  :o  Which is a hernia allowing fat out of the umbilical hole in the stomach musculature or something like that.  We're happy as it's not serious and will be taken care of when he gets his bits chopped off in six months  :'(.  The vet, a nice Oz chap, says he'll be around 12kg in three weeks time when he has his second vaccination shot. I won't carry him from the car to the practice then.  ::-)

All in all in good health and the breeder has done an excellent job of documentation and treatment of her canine charges.  :thumbsup:

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #22 on: 23 September, 2010, 06:24:48 pm »
The hernias seem extremely common, from what I can gather, and often fix themselves or get fixed, as you say, when they are neutered.

Tomorrow Poppy is 16 weeks (4 months) and weighs about 3.8kg. Less than a mouthful for Indi!

Hope all's going well with looking after Indi - the hard work only lasts about a month, then it gets a bit easier!

« Reply #23 on: 23 September, 2010, 06:37:21 pm »
Hope all's going well with looking after Indi - the hard work only lasts about a month, then it gets a bit easier!
So far it's been fairly easy.  He mostly gets outside for his toilet but sometimes only gets as far as the conservatory, in which case we silently clean the mess. When he does "go" outside he gets lots of praise. He sleeps, or is very quiet, overnight too.

Sharp teeth, that aren't so little! Apparently chicks dig scars and puppies so maybe it's not so bad.  ;)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #24 on: 23 September, 2010, 06:44:35 pm »
I still carry a scare on my ear from when my dog had a little fun one day when she was 10 weeks or so.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit