Author Topic: Old fashioned bike computer?  (Read 7312 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Old fashioned bike computer?
« Reply #50 on: 16 June, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »
Problem I found with the Aldi computer I tried was that the calibration was via a limited number of pre-programmed wheel sizes, rather than entering the circumference.  No good for the folding bike I wanted to use it on.

I would hope that the next (random product) Aldi bike computer might be ok!

My (probably optimistic) take is that Aldi want cheap reliable but aren't bothered about the features or how it works

Random product is the issue with Aldi stuff generally.  Their quality's usually pretty decent, but it does tend to be a one-off batch of whatever the factory feels like making this month.

After years of perfectly sensible (if erratically sized) cheap mitts, the last ones I bought have the velcro going the wrong way (so it's fiddly to do up with the opposite hand).  Someone just wasn't thinking.

« Reply #51 on: 16 June, 2017, 08:24:15 pm »
My ALDI computer wasn't reliable in the end. That's why I got a 25 GPS unit from them for £79. That played up so I got a refund. Next day I got another one from the same ALDI store for £45 and have been pleased with it. However no good if you can't charge it so think I'll go cheap with halfords own brand or a cateye velo model.

fruitcake

• some kind of fruitcake
« Reply #52 on: 19 June, 2017, 11:47:00 am »
I have one for sale on ebay now. There's a link to the user manual from the listing, for detailed information on how to set it up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRELOCK-FC-510-cyclocomputer-Easy-to-use-bike-computer-with-wired-sensor-/263044668913?hash=item3d3eaf1df1:g:bMoAAOSww5hZNtDR