Author Topic: Not long until the Giro d'Italia!!!  (Read 11858 times)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
Re: Not long until the Giro d'Italia!!!
« Reply #50 on: 28 May, 2011, 05:40:45 pm »
Another day of fantastic roads and spectacular views :thumbsup:  I now declare the Giro to be officially my favourite race  :)
Aero but not dynamic

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #51 on: 28 May, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »
Those helicopter shots give a better idea of the gradient than motorbike cameras, don't they?

I'd be interested to know what gearing they used today, a lot of them seemed to be spinning very fast.

« Reply #52 on: 30 May, 2011, 01:51:47 pm »
Another day of fantastic roads and spectacular views :thumbsup:  I now declare the Giro to be officially my favourite race  :)

It doesn't have the magic of the Tour for me but it does use some fabulous roads for sure.  I love the fact they are not afraid to use unpaved mountain roads in particular.

Great win for Millar yesterday, although doping has tainted the sport to such a degree now that I am unable to simply rejoice in his victory.  I can't help myself from having a nagging hint of suspicion.  I ought to snap out of it and enjoy the sport for what it is I guess.

« Reply #53 on: 31 May, 2011, 09:43:23 pm »
Great win for Millar yesterday, although doping has tainted the sport to such a degree now that I am unable to simply rejoice in his victory.  I can't help myself from having a nagging hint of suspicion.  I ought to snap out of it and enjoy the sport for what it is I guess.

I was quite pleased for him. Certain other riders that did quite well I have a nagging hint of suspicion about though, which rather took the shine off the later stages for me.