Author Topic: What Happened to the Mirror on Redhills Bank Durham?  (Read 901 times)

What Happened to the Mirror on Redhills Bank Durham?
« on: 09 February, 2012, 04:18:19 pm »
After  a  minor collision on the  contra-flow blind bend 90 degree turn here last  night -  I don't  think the  Marathon Winter  did much  damage to the car's paintwork. I'm not  sure  why  I persist with this route but  it's nice and  direct. Must  pump up the  Air-Zound ready  for the next  approach!
I'm wondering  what  happened to the the mirror that  was  there? If  anyone  feels like asking  Durham highways (I have) something  may  happen -

Re: What Happened to the Mirror on Redhills Bank Durham?
« Reply #1 on: 09 February, 2012, 09:24:41 pm »
For some reason I only ever cycle up Redhills Bank, never down. Perhaps it's because I once got a scare on that bend at the top when a car coming the other way cut across the bike lane in front of me. I'm rather amazed you could even stay upright there with the amount of ice around this morning. I chickened out and walked into work. Even so, Gilesgate Bank (the side road - no motor vehicles except for access one) was sheet ice and I ended up traversing one section on my hands and knees (and I wasn't the only one).

Re: What Happened to the Mirror on Redhills Bank Durham?
« Reply #2 on: 09 February, 2012, 09:52:42 pm »
'twas last night and not so icy,