Author Topic: OSMAnd App Help  (Read 3413 times)

OSMAnd App Help
« on: 14 May, 2016, 12:07:19 pm »
I do find this excellent and am using it on a Samsung Galaxy S3.

However, I'm trying to find out how to delete a .gpx track from OSMAnd once I have used it, either to navigate or just follow.  When I upload a new .gpx track, it doesn't seem to replace the previous one, but gets added to it, so I have two.

How can I stop OSMAnd from displaying the first one, and just show the second one?

Re: OSMAnd App Help
« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2016, 02:01:57 pm »
It's a while since I've used it, but have you tried 'configure map'  (multiple pages icon), then 'gpx track' and selecting another gpx?  I think you can also go into the android file manager (SD card>osmand>tracks on my phone) and delete the gpx files you don't want...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2016, 02:16:16 pm »
Thanks!  That lists all the .gpx files I've uploaded and let's me choose one at will.  that's perfect for my navigation of the LEJOG I'm doing in June. :thumbsup:

Re: OSMAnd App Help - SOLVED
« Reply #3 on: 14 May, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »
I notice that one can now also pick a colour and width of gpx track to display.  I bought the osmand contour add-on last yr (my one and only paid for app)...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #4 on: 06 October, 2018, 08:17:50 pm »
I'm reviving this thread, as I have now got osmand v3.2.1 on another Android device, but the gpx track display on this is a very thin red line, which is very difficult to see, and is extremely hard to distinguish from main roads, for example.  In it's previous incarnation on another Android device, the gpx track was displayed as an easy-to-see thick turquoise line.  How can I get the same functionality in this version? :-\   I use the device to follow pre-loaded gpx tracks, without active navigation,

« Reply #5 on: 07 October, 2018, 11:48:45 am »
I'm reviving this thread, as I have now got osmand v3.2.1 on another Android device, but the gpx track display on this is a very thin red line, which is very difficult to see, and is extremely hard to distinguish from main roadson,
Configure map/GPX files /Appearance  that's for v3.2.2 but it's been like that for a while.

« Reply #6 on: 07 October, 2018, 04:36:40 pm »
Thanks, hb - that's worked eventually.  I first tried making that change, then restarting osmand, to no avail, then rebooting the whole device, which did, strangely.  Not sure why it actually requires that step, but got there in the end...

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #7 on: 09 October, 2018, 11:19:07 pm »

Ooh, thanks for that, hadn't realised I could change the line colour or thickness. That's really useful!

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/