Author Topic: Experiences of Teh Plague  (Read 85500 times)

Re: Experiences of Teh Plague
« Reply #200 on: 28 March, 2021, 09:57:21 pm »
Probably best to avoid the café.

Just in case.

« Reply #201 on: 28 March, 2021, 10:03:55 pm »
Probably best to avoid the café.

Just in case.

Depends whether it's pick your own meat and we'll half cook it for you.

« Reply #202 on: 28 March, 2021, 10:04:49 pm »
"Yeah, it's chicken. Honest"

« Reply #203 on: 28 March, 2021, 10:38:38 pm »
 ;D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #204 on: 29 March, 2021, 05:10:03 pm »
Phoned up pharmacy where I've booked second jab.

They say they DO have wheelchair access, which is not what's on the NHS website about the pharmacy and partner says it would be awkward. Will go aheadand RANT if there are problems...

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #205 on: 29 March, 2021, 09:29:37 pm »

They say they DO have wheelchair access, which is not what's on the NHS website about the pharmacy and partner says it would be awkward. Will go aheadand RANT if there are problems...

and if you can, complain in writing.

A friend PAs for a wheelchair user, the vacc centre had gravel and a step in, wheelchair user managed but if the weather was wet it wouldn't be possible. This needs to be something that centres GET RIGHT in terms of info provision.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #206 on: 29 March, 2021, 11:04:09 pm »
A friend PAs for a wheelchair user, the vacc centre had gravel and a step in, wheelchair user managed but if the weather was wet it wouldn't be possible. This needs to be something that centres GET RIGHT in terms of info provision.

Indeed!

I have completed the anonymous feedback survey on the gov.uk website to express my disgruntlement but I'm going to trust pharmacy employee's word, watch events and moan if things don't work. I feel I've done my bit by checking the right boxes, looking at the pharmacy's website and phoning them up. I'm robust and have an able-bodied partner, who can help/lug me out of most trouble. We'll see; things MIGHT be fine...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #207 on: 30 March, 2021, 08:03:28 am »

We were asked, as a Parish Council, if we would offer the village hall as a testing/vaccination centre.  Unfortunately, they wanted it at a time when we had works booked that meant the accessible entrance would be out of action, and we had to say 'yes but...'.   They chose not to use it...  but then I got told off by locals who said we "weren't doing our bit" and that we should have cancelled the (long planned) works.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #208 on: 30 March, 2021, 09:34:13 am »
My daughter is self testing  using kits provided by the school.  Filling in the form saying negative takes ages, and you have to provide all the information every time (and it won't let me copy/paste emails/phone numbers in my phone), but today it allowed me to get to the end of the process and then just said it failed and I should try again later! It says that the website is Alpha, so I understand that it's not necessarily finished, but this is kinda important.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #209 on: 30 March, 2021, 11:15:36 am »
My daughter is self testing  using kits provided by the school.  Filling in the form saying negative takes ages, and you have to provide all the information every time (and it won't let me copy/paste emails/phone numbers in my phone), but today it allowed me to get to the end of the process and then just said it failed and I should try again later! It says that the website is Alpha, so I understand that it's not necessarily finished, but this is kinda important.

Well, you should complain to the coder. It was Matt Hancock's next-door-neighbour.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #210 on: 30 March, 2021, 11:59:00 am »
I would say it's his neigbour's 13 year old kid - but they'd have probably done a better job.

When you consider the number of people having to enter this, that's an awful lot of wasted hours (must be approaching millions if it takes an extra minute or two every time you do the test) due to someone not spending an extra few hours on coding/testing.

« Reply #211 on: 30 March, 2021, 12:03:23 pm »
When we got jabbed they were also asking for NHS numbers. If they want that info at the time then bloody well put it on the confirmation email / text.  Not joined up.

Davef

« Reply #212 on: 30 March, 2021, 10:09:07 pm »
When we got jabbed they were also asking for NHS numbers. If they want that info at the time then bloody well put it on the confirmation email / text.  Not joined up.
Leaving the encoding of the microchip that close to injection is yet another illustration of poor organisation and it beggars belief that they became our overlords in the first place.

« Reply #213 on: 19 April, 2021, 09:42:52 am »
I got jabbed at the GP on Saturday afternoon.  It was the most efficient system ever. They had multiple jabbers, who just sat in their rooms and did the injecting, multiple nurses in the waiting room doing the box ticking, and multiple helpers to guide people around and make sure they were holding the right bit of paperwork. Plus a 1-way system that took you in the front door and spat you out the back. I was through in about 2 minutes flat!

Still got a sore arm, but otherwise I think I got away quite lightly on the side effect front.

« Reply #214 on: 25 April, 2021, 10:11:08 pm »
Off for a PCR test tomorrow. Felt really rough today, headache, shivery. Cancelled work tomorrow. Lateral flow test is negative but need to be safe. I suspect it is just exhaustion.

« Reply #215 on: 07 November, 2021, 07:37:59 am »
Booster yesterday. Pfizer as were the first two.
With the first two I had no effects other than a transient aching arm muscle.

With this one within a couple of hours my arm was aching, and 12 hours lated felt heavy and stiff. But worse, at about 10 hours I had really bad 'flu like' symptoms - aching, feeling hot, lethargic etc.

I visited the 'pharmacy-in-the-spare-bedroom' which helped a bit, then went to bed and went straight to sleep (which isn't normal).

This morning I've got a sore arm and a bit of a headache, but the aches have gone.

This doesn't seem to fit with the normally reported course of booster side effects, but I'm not stressing over it. I'm guessing it was my immune system working weekend overtime.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #216 on: 04 December, 2021, 09:30:23 am »
Anybody know how this test and trace is supposed to work?
My wife got the following email from them.
NHS Test and Trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19. You must now stay at home and self-isolate for 10 days from the date of your last contact with them, unless you are exempt.

You should now visit your NHS Test and Trace account to give us more details, even if you think you may be exempt. This helps us to advise you on what you need to do as a contact.
It gives no clues as to where, when or who, so how she's supposed to date it properly is anybody's guess
After going to her account and answering a few mundane questions (IMO the most relevant one was "Do you have any symptoms?" - No), she then got the following email
NHS Test and Trace has identified you as a contact of someone who recently tested positive for COVID-19.

You do not have to self-isolate. However, you should book a PCR test, even if you do not have symptoms.
Test booked. (She didn't declare as exempt for anything)
I would have thought this T+T thing would have been less farcical by now

« Reply #217 on: 04 December, 2021, 09:39:24 am »
This doesn't seem to fit with the normally reported course of booster side effects, but I'm not stressing over it. I'm guessing it was my immune system working weekend overtime.

That's not too dissimilar to mine and I've seen others on this forum report similar (e.g. Kim).

I originally had two AZ shots and my booster was Moderna. Began to feel heady and a bit tired after 4 hours. Terrible first night's sleep with aches, fever/chills and bad headache. Spend most of next day in bed with flu-like symptoms. Second night bad, but not as bad as first. Today is second full day after jab - aches are subsiding, but still rather dizzy and lethargic and headache between paracetomol doses.

Quite strong bruising feeling in arm around site, enough that I couldn't sleep on side, or lift much beyond a Kg or two with it.

« Reply #218 on: 04 December, 2021, 09:45:09 am »
Had a Moderna Booster yesterday afternoon.  Asked to wait 15 mins after, despite walking there.  For AZ I was allowed to leave straight after jab.  No side effects so far. I often think the arm ache bit is down to the vaccinator’s technique and how relaxed you arm is.  Now off out for a 3 mile walk whilst my wife heads out for her jab.

« Reply #219 on: 04 December, 2021, 10:10:34 am »
Had my booster on Tuesday.
Didn't feel 100% on Wednesday, but we were late to bed and wine was involved.
My 5k morning run was rather slower than usual.
My Apple Watch was reporting a resting heart rate about 10 bpm higher than normal which I thought was interesting.
All back to normal on Thursday, apart from a little tenderness at the injection site, which has now turned into a minor itch.

I'll live.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #220 on: 06 December, 2021, 01:50:36 pm »
Got pfoostered this morning.

Interestingly, although the rubbishment are saying that boosters can be had after 3 months the reality on the ground here is dose shortage so unless you are a week or less from the 182 day qualification you get turned away as a walk up*.  All the booked victims were 182 days or greater that I spoke to.

My 182 days was up on Wednesday so I got a dose!

* Yes, we have a walk up farcility.  I have had all three jabs on walk up.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #221 on: 06 December, 2021, 02:02:18 pm »

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #222 on: 06 December, 2021, 10:30:36 pm »
Got our Pfizer borcestershire1 jabs on Friday. Felt slightly off for the first hour or so, but no lasting symptoms other than a slightly sore injection site.

1Shamelessly stolen from that there Twitter.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #223 on: 06 December, 2021, 10:36:40 pm »
I heard that a colleague who has been off for a few weeks that had covid in the summer has been told he's not been poorly long enough for it to be long covid (?) and they've done loads of tests on his heart & lungs and found nothing.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #224 on: 06 December, 2021, 11:45:10 pm »
I though long Covid was symptoms more than 12 after infection.
I must be naïve...