Author Topic: The Harcombe Diet  (Read 2482 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
The Harcombe Diet
« on: 28 January, 2013, 06:44:46 pm »
Has/Is anyone tried it? Does it work? Is it safe?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

clarion

• Tyke
Re: The Harcombe Diet
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2013, 07:30:10 pm »
Hokum.
Getting there...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2 on: 28 January, 2013, 07:34:47 pm »
A lot of my female friends seem to be bang on this.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2013, 09:10:00 pm »
It's easy to cry Hokum but surely any diet which says

"● Don't eat processed foods - only eat real food. For example, oranges grow on trees; cartons of orange juice don't. Fish swim in the sea; fish fingers don't - you get the idea!
● Don't eat the foods that cause your cravings. Rule one, above, will remove 90 per cent of the most commonly craved foods from your diet (biscuits, cakes, sweets, sugary cereals etc). "

can't be all bad.

I'd say there's nothing wrong with it.

« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2013, 09:46:51 pm »
It got a write up in the sun today.

It mentions excess yeast, so I think it's a woman specific diet.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/4765892/Exploring-the-Harcombe-Diet-which-answers-slimmers-prayers-by-cutting-out-cravings.html

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2013, 11:22:02 pm »
● Don't eat  ... cakes ...

Sorry, I couldn't do it, that is asking too much of a cyclist. Next they'll be saying don't drink tea.

My girlfriend has been doing it for a couple of weeks now, she's not drinking tea or coffee atm.

Support Equilibrium

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2013, 11:50:07 pm »
Ever such a lot of fad diets (the one where you cut out gluten, the one where you can't have carbs, the one where you can only squirt lemon juice in your eyes and beat your head against a wall in place of meals) have a whole lot of hokum surrounding the one detail of "stop eating processed food."

I've lost count of the number of colleagues who have brightly told me that they learned they were gluten intolerant after losing half a stone.  The idea that it might just be the loss of their daily Krispy Kreme rather than an actual food intolerance didn't seem to have occurred.  Ditto people who have ascertained that their blood group doesn't permit Krispy Kremes, or found that carbs disagree with them via Atkins, and people who are trying to eat a stone age diet, or even the ones on the Maple Bloody Syrup Diet or the ones who are quite possibly picking through sheep entrails to divine their perfect diet: they all have the one thing in common. Step away from the lovely delicious processed cake.

« Reply #7 on: 29 January, 2013, 12:04:12 am »
Ever such a lot of fad diets (the one where you cut out gluten, the one where you can't have carbs, the one where you can only squirt lemon juice in your eyes and beat your head against a wall in place of meals) have a whole lot of hokum surrounding the one detail of "stop eating processed food."

I've lost count of the number of colleagues who have brightly told me that they learned they were gluten intolerant after losing half a stone.  The idea that it might just be the loss of their daily Krispy Kreme rather than an actual food intolerance didn't seem to have occurred.  Ditto people who have ascertained that their blood group doesn't permit Krispy Kremes, or found that carbs disagree with them via Atkins, and people who are trying to eat a stone age diet, or even the ones on the Maple Bloody Syrup Diet or the ones who are quite possibly picking through sheep entrails to divine their perfect diet: they all have the one thing in common. Step away from the lovely delicious processed cake.

So it's true, cake really is an evil drug...   :demon:

http://youtu.be/Z4f4oy2M_Og?t=4m35s
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche