Author Topic: Mille Pennines 3rd July 2020  (Read 195722 times)

Re: Mille Pennines 3rd July 2020
« Reply #750 on: 12 April, 2017, 02:12:44 pm »
Whoops - entry just in  :P

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #751 on: 15 April, 2017, 12:32:19 pm »
"Whoops - entry just in"

I have your entry - there aren't many left!

Andy Corless

« Reply #752 on: 16 April, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »
"Whoops - entry just in"

I have your entry - there aren't many left!

Andy Corless

:thumbsup:

vistaed

• Everyday stories
« Reply #753 on: 17 June, 2017, 06:36:30 pm »
So we are only a few weeks out now and my mind in turning ride planning. However, I've not seen a route sheet or GPS file yet. I am interest to know where and what the controls are as I might ride the first 600km straight through. And I do stress might!
after hardship comes ease -
 www.strava.com/athletes/188220

« Reply #754 on: 17 June, 2017, 08:14:29 pm »
I too have started planning and I'm finding it hard to estimate just how slow I am likely to be going. Not done a ride over 350km this year due to a back injury so I'm definately hoping for a stop and a sleep at each Hawes stop. I actually withdrew a couple of weeks ago due to feeling unready, and then regretted it so Andy kindly let me back in. 1st stage should be OK, 2nd stage will be tough, 3rd stage will most likely be a grind, not sure I can get round but that's the attraction for me of a thing like this. It's all in the mind, right?

vistaed

• Everyday stories
« Reply #755 on: 17 June, 2017, 11:08:26 pm »
It defiantly is all in the mind. I just tell myself and the world that I can  do it, and fast but that might not be the truth.

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #756 on: 18 June, 2017, 08:56:37 am »
I was a DNF last year and am trying again this year. I did day 1 and up to Kielder last year. The hardest section was the start of day 2. The route looks like it may have changed for day 2 and I hope that the brutal start has been toned down a little (Oh like that is going to happen with Andy doing the route :()

Lots of people walked Hardknott and from the group did not lose that much time. So you do not have to get up the 30% slopes to finish!

Here are the tracks and routes I did last year http://www.gpxeditor.co.uk/routes2/users/SteveFerry/MP1000

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

« Reply #757 on: 18 June, 2017, 07:15:42 pm »
Yup - I'm keen to get planning too ... there's a lot to think about !

vistaed

• Everyday stories
« Reply #758 on: 18 June, 2017, 08:26:37 pm »
It defiantly is all in the mind. I just tell myself and the world that I can  do it, and fast but that might not be the truth.

« Reply #759 on: 19 June, 2017, 07:24:57 pm »
Just wondering - anyone know the controls we're visting this year ?

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #760 on: 19 June, 2017, 09:44:20 pm »
I have booked a family room at the TL South Promenade for The Thursday before the event. So if you want a bed for the night before for £20 the PM me.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #761 on: 23 June, 2017, 10:58:19 pm »

Just found this -

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14297233

Updated by the owner two days ago. No idea if this is Andy or his route helper so TREAT WITH EXTREME CAUTION. ABSOLUTELY UNOFFICIAL I need to plan now so I'm just going to use it as a rough guide until the official version is declared.

« Reply #762 on: 24 June, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »

Just found this -

Updated by the owner two days ago. No idea if this is Andy or his route helper so TREAT WITH EXTREME CAUTION. ABSOLUTELY UNOFFICIAL I need to plan now so I'm just going to use it as a rough guide until the official version is declared.

Yes, I'd seen that too Smeth. I noticed that it still had Askgrigg as the sleep stop so I was taking it as a rough guide only. That's why I was wondering about controls. Whatever happens, it's a good foundation for crafting a route when we get the routesheet.

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #763 on: 24 June, 2017, 08:11:47 pm »

Just found this -

Yes, I'd seen that too Smeth. I noticed that it still had Askgrigg as the sleep stop so I was taking it as a rough guide only. That's why I was wondering about controls. Whatever happens, it's a good foundation for crafting a route when we get the routesheet.

All noted thanks. Just had a message back from originator - Andy's said route out by Thursday/Friday. Feel a bit of a pain but I'm a plan-aholic.   :facepalm:

« Reply #764 on: 24 June, 2017, 09:03:59 pm »

All noted thanks. Just had a message back from originator - Andy's said route out by Thursday/Friday. Feel a bit of a pain but I'm a plan-aholic.   :facepalm:

You're not the only one ! I always want to plan - even if I know it'll probably go to pot after less than 100k ...

It's great to know that there'll be a route out by the end of the week though - thanks for passing that on !

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #765 on: 25 June, 2017, 06:56:30 pm »
https://millepenninesaudax.com/event-route/

The page has been changed to three nights at Sedbergh.

Starting to look official.

BB

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #766 on: 26 June, 2017, 04:18:00 pm »
...and this route:

Just found this -

has been updated today to use Sedbergh  :thumbsup:

Let the planning (and fretting) commence!
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #767 on: 27 June, 2017, 12:15:41 am »
I'm sure Andy will be along in a minute to confirm if this ^ is the official route...

« Reply #768 on: 27 June, 2017, 05:42:44 pm »
I've recently volunteered as a helper at the central control - I think you're safe to plan that it will be Sedbergh  ;D

Is anybody travelling up from London or SE to Bispham with space for A N Other and bike? If so please pm me.

vistaed

• Everyday stories
« Reply #769 on: 27 June, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »
I've recently volunteered as a helper at the central control - I think you're safe to plan that it will be Sedbergh  ;D

Thanks for that, and for the' ride with GPS link' giys.

« Reply #770 on: 28 June, 2017, 05:16:32 am »
Ah Jeez, I've just signed up to this world of pain... Can't wait!

Ultradiscostu

• Stand Up And Ride
    • My blog
« Reply #771 on: 28 June, 2017, 07:51:12 am »
Seriously guys is that the final route!!??!? I thought the mileage was going to be evened out over the 4 days yet it now appears that Day 2 is 359K which correct me if I'm wrong is longer than it was before. On the ElliptiGO that kind of mileage in a 24hr period is a huge challenge especially as part of a multiday ride. One thing is for certain is that I won't be getting any sleep on this ride at all. I'll have to finish that 250K for day 1, and pretty much continue into day 2. I simply won't complete the distance in the required time limit otherwise. If my gosh.... This is serious..... :facepalm:
Push your limits and never be afraid to dream big. Ignore the naysayers and GO for it!

www.ultradiscostu.co.uk

Ultradiscostu

• Stand Up And Ride
    • My blog
« Reply #772 on: 28 June, 2017, 08:23:17 am »
If anyone can share the updated GPX file for the new route here I would be extremely grateful. I'll even buy you an ice cream! I do know how to create tracks but it seems silly that everyone individually needs to do this if it's been done already. But if nothing gets posted then I'll share my tracks once created. Do bare in mind though that on this weekends DIY 2 x 200K ride I managed to create a route on RideWithGPS that took me through the woods, across corn fields and farm tracks. 1000K of that would be tough!!
Push your limits and never be afraid to dream big. Ignore the naysayers and GO for it!

www.ultradiscostu.co.uk

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #773 on: 28 June, 2017, 09:51:17 am »
On the plus side, there is a full moon for most of the night!

[@Stu: we can all get GPS files from the ridewithgps page that you're looking at, created by the event team (I think) EDIT: apparently not! If you don't know how to do that for your particular device, it's probably one for the GPS sub-board.

Oh, and Don't Panic! :)
]
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #774 on: 28 June, 2017, 09:53:30 am »
On the plus side, there is a full moon for most of the night!

[@Stu: we can all get GPS files from the ridewithgps page that you're looking at, created by the event team (I think). If you don't know how to do that for your particular device, it's probably one for the GPS sub-board.

Oh, and Don't Panic! :)
]
You do not see the moon most nights up north.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk