Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210978 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #775 on: 23 November, 2017, 10:58:08 am »
He seemed happy enough after I'd cleaned him up. Spent rest of evening on my lap, purring away.

When I got home, stepson (cat is really 'his' cat) was laid on cushion on sofa next to stepson while he painted models and talked to a friend. They'd been there for a while. I noticed the gunge on cats head - they said 'the cat has been freaked out all afternoon'.

I think part of the 'freaked out' was the sticky mess on his head, between his ears. Cats hate that sort of thing. He was much happier once I'd cleaned it off, even though that meant getting his head wet.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #776 on: 23 November, 2017, 04:01:08 pm »
What kind of scum bag does that to a cat? Or any animal.

« Reply #777 on: 23 November, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »
Dunno - but it seems to be endemic around the UK atm. Shooting and mutilating animals, particularly cats.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #778 on: 23 November, 2017, 10:46:02 pm »
>:( to someone shooting your cat. Delighted to hear that it was not too serious and a wound-cleaning was possible and successful. Wishing the cat safe continued healing and the perpetrators something rather nasty!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #779 on: 23 November, 2017, 11:04:13 pm »
>:( to someone shooting your cat. Delighted to hear that it was not too serious and a wound-cleaning was possible and successful. Wishing the cat safe continued healing and the perpetrators something rather nasty!

May years ago a neighbour shot my tom, as he was beating up his cat.  Tom was a hard bastard. Had a word with the chap, he said it was my fault  as I didn't stop Tom being a thug.  Explained that he would be paying the vet bills and if he ever did anything like that again, I would coming back and would cause the same pain to him.  Then I spent lots of time courting his cat, so it would come to me.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #780 on: 23 November, 2017, 11:11:30 pm »
Dunno - but it seems to be endemic around the UK atm. Shooting and mutilating animals, particularly cats.

There are alot of sick fucks around.  I can easily hate and would want to hurt, kill and mutilate people who do this stuff but never take things out an animal.

Edit Sorry, a little drunk and upsetting topic for me.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #781 on: 24 November, 2017, 11:23:23 am »
I think it's just part of the licence to hate that Brexit and Trump have unleashed.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #782 on: 24 November, 2017, 01:21:31 pm »
Young men.  They like hurting and destroying things.

A bit like cats, without the redeeming qualities.

« Reply #783 on: 24 November, 2017, 02:16:34 pm »
Barking like a loon as she wants to go for a walk. I am studiously ignoring her as its an hour too early for the afternoon walk (she had an hours walk this morning).
We are going through another testing the boundaries phase at the moment as dogs do.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #784 on: 24 November, 2017, 02:53:58 pm »
Family Cat seemed to have had a spat fit for a soap opera.
They have taken to having the generations dining separately.
Adolescent Ginger Kitten pushed Mum away from food a few days ago.
Mum hissed at and struck said kitten at feed last night.
Tom was aggressive to kittens, which is new.
Mum has been wolfing food down but is very thin.

They seemed a happy family a few days ago but have multiple hostilities now.

« Reply #785 on: 24 November, 2017, 04:42:24 pm »
Zeppy the tabby cat is siting on the windowsill watching the snow.  Winter in Weardale.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #786 on: 24 November, 2017, 06:59:53 pm »
Pete was asleep but now he's looking at me from his bed.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #787 on: 24 November, 2017, 08:41:44 pm »
I think the 'pecking order' has changed now the kittens are bigger.
Mum now FIERCELY defends her food and the kittens must comply.
Little Gingers eat separately but Fat Blackface waits patiently till Mum has finished, the troughs.
Mum is skinny and ravenous. I'm not sure whether this is just refeeding after lactating for 6 or hyperthyroidism...

(My 44kg niece fed her toothless infant for AGES but keeps Facebooking her culinary efforts and infant's antics.)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #788 on: 05 December, 2017, 04:07:10 pm »
Puking!

She is such a fussy eater. We feed her raw Natural Instinct which she hoovers down. When stock is low or I forget to buy, we get Natures Menu which she reluctantly eats. Which she promptly pukes up and then eats it with nearly same keenness as Natural Instinct.

So when I forgot again and that coincided with the local pet shop being out of Natural Instinct. The owner said what about Natures Menu and I told them the above. They said what about mince, just beef and now't else. I was "Well go on then" as two packs (1kg each) is just over what we pay for one pot of Natural Instinct (1Kg).

Yes and today after we have defrosted it we gave it to the mutt, with some chopped up veggies. She just stood there looking at it, nibbled a bit, took the meat in her mouth and dumped it on the floor and eat some carrot. After some exciting talking she had some minced but wasn't keen. A few minutes out of her it came, where she normally would have hoovered her puke this time she wasn't keen at all. Just look sad at us and slowly nibbled at her puke.

Talk about fussy eater  ::-)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #789 on: 05 December, 2017, 04:09:25 pm »
Making stupid falsetto excuses for a bark.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #790 on: 05 December, 2017, 04:17:00 pm »
Puking!

She is such a fussy eater. We feed her raw Natural Instinct which she hoovers down. When stock is low or I forget to buy, we get Natures Menu which she reluctantly eats. Which she promptly pukes up and then eats it with nearly same keenness as Natural Instinct.

Fussy eating is a problem we don't have with our Tilly what with her being half lab. Absolutely anything at all (except celery) is hoovered up instantly. If she pukes its because she has eaten something totally unsuitable like half a rabbit that been dead for two weeks she has found.

Have you tried your Tilley on Simpsons ? Would be cheaper than what your feeding her I think but still very high quality. They do small trial packs as well.  They do grain free which may or may not be important to you but is for our Tilly as grain based food gives her the runs.
The treats are ace, all the dogs in the village know when I have some of their kangaroo or venison sausage in my treat pocket, makes me very popular.

https://www.simpsonspremium.com/
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #791 on: 06 December, 2017, 11:40:09 am »
I wish I knew what Alfie is doing right now, but as he's in a cattery about 20 miles away, I don't.  We went to see him in prison yesterday, and he's bearing up, but is desperate to get outside, and meows piteously to be let out, its heartbreaking.  I just want him snuggled on my lap, purring.

See rant thread for explanations why he's in prison.
Wombat

ian

« Reply #792 on: 10 December, 2017, 01:10:38 pm »
Annoying me because it's raining. Bad Cat is hiding behind me because Little Monster Cat has gone off on one and wants to eat her. I'm not getting in the way of small bullet of hyper-accelerated baryonic kitty mass (aka a kittyon, when two agitated kittyons interact, one is part-annihilated, the excess energy emitted through a burst of high energy miaowions).

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #793 on: 10 December, 2017, 02:18:07 pm »
Big Tom came in, Lightly dusted with snow at 9.30 am and fed.
Haven't seen other cats today.
The Man is just escaping from his pit.

« Reply #794 on: 10 December, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
Being an irritant. FFS, if you want the bog again, just go out there, even if it is snowing. Northern cats are going to start commenting on this you know?
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #795 on: 10 December, 2017, 04:35:22 pm »
She’s just fallen asleep on top of me

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #796 on: 10 December, 2017, 04:38:43 pm »
Being an irritant. FFS, if you want the bog again, just go out there, even if it is snowing. Northern cats are going to start commenting on this you know?

One of these Northern cats is trying to become one with the radiator and the other is on my lap having refused the doorman's offer.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #797 on: 10 December, 2017, 04:43:11 pm »
After venturing out for a few minutes, now Bad Cat is busy putting muddy paw prints on every surface. Sigh.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #798 on: 10 December, 2017, 04:59:16 pm »
Rushing around the house trying to dry herself on anything she can find other than the towel I'm chasing after her with.
Hardly the best time to bath a dog, considering the weather.

Yes.  She found eau de fox poo to roll in again.  >:(  Disgusting girl!   >:(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #799 on: 10 December, 2017, 06:53:38 pm »
Three juvenile cats appeared at the kitchen door at 16.10 and wolfed down a 400g tin and a half of cat food before slinking off.

Then reappeared at 17.10, ate a small amount at sedate pace but found washing machine's sounds off-putting so scarpered.