Off Topic > The Pub

The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)

(1/4902) > >>

tiermat:
We seem to be missing a thread where a board member can let off steam, something I realised as I was totting up my rants for the last 24 hours.  Feel free to pitch in with yours.

Here to start off are mine:
1) If there is a person riding a bike up the road, and there are great big puddles at the side of the road, please don't try to overtake the bike UNTIL the opposite carriageway is clear, and when you do please give the cyclist more than 1" of room.  Yes I mean you Mrs Yellow Megane convertable driver...
2) Overtaking on the exit of a roundabout is NOT a good idea, nor is it strictly speaking legal.  To then go 100yds up the raod and have to wait to turn right is just downright stupidity.
3) If you are walking along in a world of your own, thinking about work issues, heading towards the stairs, please don't look at the person coming down the stairs (who has seen you a long time before) as if they are something you'd scrape off the sole of your shoe just because you didn't realise they were there!
4) Whilst waiting to use the coffee machine, bear in mind that once the person in front of you has got their beverage they will actually need some space to be able to move away from the machine to allow you access to the damn machine!!!!

Ok I'm calm now I've typed those out, just keep out of my way today, OK?

Si:
To follow on from tiermat's number 4:

Do not stop as soon as you exit a revolving door...thus trapping everyone else inside...just because you couldn't be bothered to hunt through all your bags and pockets for your ID card before you entered the building.

Gandalf:
Since getting my new bike one or the other has applied.

It hasn't stopped peeing down

I have had pulsating man flu

S'not fair.

(more of a whimper than a rant)

Mr Larrington:
And another thing:  don't try to get into the lift, tube carriage, bus etc. until I've got out.  Doubly so if I've got a gert big suitcase at break-yer-shins altitude.

Greenbank:
I've given up all hope with the twats at work so I now just walk into them when they do this. No apology and a quick "that's not a very clever place to stop is it?"

This mornings genius was the person who wondered why his swipe card wasn't letting him through the security gates. He tried 3 or 4 times whilst I was standing there.

"Anyone in?"
He looks up.
"The red X and the beeping noise means you can't use it because someone has already swiped to come through the other way."
He looks dumbfounded.
"So can you get out of the way so I can pass through please?"

The security guard looked on trying to stifle his sniggering.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version