Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3010187 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
There are names for days?

One of them is called “Binday”. This is the day when you look out of the window to see the bin lorry trundling past your house without stopping, and that is the moment when you realise that yesterday was Binday Eve, the day when it is traditional  to put the bins out for collection. But you didn’t. Again.

Yeah, but I live on a main road where bin lorries for lots of different rounds pass on days various. The 'didn't, again' scenario has been quite common here!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Thankfully, all the bins here are emptied on a Thursday so go out on a Wednesday night.
That's food wasted and recycling every week.
Landfill every other week and
Garden waste fortnightly in March to November but monthly in the winter.

Still don't get everything right, every time...

It's Chocolateday

Its Cyclingday
Its More Fun With Three .

Not for me it isn't. I've just had a large 'breakfast'      :sick: :sick: 

Porridge for me & I have fitted my summer hoops , so its bound to be sleet & snow on the ride .
Its More Fun With Three .

I hate it when you get two consecutive Sundays

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
There are names for days?

One of them is called “Binday”. This is the day when you look out of the window to see the bin lorry trundling past your house without stopping, and that is the moment when you realise that yesterday was Binday Eve, the day when it is traditional  to put the bins out for collection. But you didn’t. Again.

Yeah, but I live on a main road where bin lorries for lots of different rounds pass on days various. The 'didn't, again' scenario has been quite common here!
That makes it Binandgoneday.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
The team from Miniature Wunderland in Hamburg have excelled themselves!

https://youtu.be/aBNHmUT3GPg
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Excellent!  I esp. like the hot air balloon.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike

That is superb! Watching that has truly warmed my heart.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Massive teary meltdown from 11 year old daughter because she thinks she has been banned on 'Roblox' by the moderators.

"Roblox is my life!!"

Foretaste of boyfriend debacles in the not very distant future, I suspect. Think I'd better get a bigger garden shed   :facepalm:

Brilliant and especially the making video.

Beardy

• Shedist
All this breathless speculation about who will be the next James Bond has been exciting the ladies of the house and so I was inspired to quip that I’d signed a contract for the role and it would indeed be me that takes the mantle from Daniel Craig.
Do you know, dear readers, do you know what the reaction was from Dr Beardy (Mrs). I’m saddened to report that she actually laughed, OUT LOUD. Laughed. Out loud. Unbelievable, I know.
I’m cut to the quick, I tell you. To. The. Quick.
If anyone needs me, I’ll be in the shed. At the bottom of the garden. Preparing a worm salad.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

If we can't have Beardy as the new Bond, I vote for Richard Ayoade.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
If we can't have Beardy as the new Bond, I vote for Richard Ayoade.

That would certainly generate alarums and excursions in certain quarters, as he is, through no fault of his own, Laurence Fox' brother-in-law.  I bet Christmas at the Fox family HQ is a barrel of laughs.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Beardy

• Shedist
I deny it. I’m not related, even by marriage, to Mr Fox. Not at all.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Two bits of space junk, an old rocket and an old satellite, have either just missed each other or just collided: https://nitter.eu/EU_SST/status/1380120766071635968 The closest approach was 18:17 UK time, altitude 780km.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Up in my loft office this afternoon, something tickled my ear.
About half an hour later I spotted the ends of a few spider legs peeping out from under my keyboard.

Euuurgggh. <shudders>

(It was fine when I saw it, only a little spider, but I didnae like it running over my ear unannounced - clearly it had not read the bit of my Insights report saying 'do not touch Clare, do not touch Clare's stuff'  ;D )
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
A week or so ago I picked up what I thought was a bit of dead leaf on the floor. As I picked it up, I saw it was a spider. I dropped it quicker than thought. And then picked it up again to get rid of it...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

My friend who lives in Rotherhithe has an attitude to spiders of "KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!".
She's from Melbourne.

Two bits of space junk, an old rocket and an old satellite, have either just missed each other or just collided: https://nitter.eu/EU_SST/status/1380120766071635968 The closest approach was 18:17 UK time, altitude 780km.

I know the distances in earth orbit are vast - but I suspect the wrong collision in the wrong place would cause complete bedlam. And how on earth do you clean it up!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
My friend who lives in Rotherhithe has an attitude to spiders of "KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!".
She's from Melbourne.

I can understand that. Me, I don't mind the little ones, and I don't mind big chonky hairy tarantulas.
But there is a 'sour spot' in the middle, of medium sized spiders with extremely long legs that seem to be all knees, and seeing them running just freaks me out.
And yeah, if someone says bird eating jumping spiders on a nature programme, that's my cue to look away now.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
She's from Melbourne.

I can understand that. Me, I don't mind the little ones, and I don't mind big chonky hairy tarantulas.
But there is a 'sour spot' in the middle, of medium sized spiders with extremely long legs that seem to be all knees, and seeing them running just freaks me out.
And yeah, if someone says bird eating jumping spiders on a nature programme, that's my cue to look away now.

Hmm, how about cats with wriggling spider legs still poking out of their mouth, like extra whiskers?

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Spiders and insects are fine and indeed to be encouraged if located outside the house but shall instantly be made dead if indoors. Those are the rules and no discussion regarding this matter will take place.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...