Author Topic: Dr Who's assistant  (Read 13949 times)

Re: Dr Who's assistant
« Reply #25 on: 12 April, 2008, 10:04:26 pm »
Ace.  I remember doing the BBC Safety video.  They nearly drownded her.

(OT aside: I worked on the kids' Saturday morning show where <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UiJMn2eicE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9UiJMn2eicE&rel=1</a>
Oh, and I recorded a show where Bobby Davro was accidentally dropped face-down onto a studio floor whilst fastened into a pillory.

I was just thinking, "So, it wasn't all bad then". ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Si

« Reply #26 on: 13 April, 2008, 04:37:39 pm »

Yup, Ace was ace.  Unfortunately she was saddled with Sylvester McCoy as the Dr. and he just wasn't up to the job.

I thought McCoy was a good doc...problem was that he was initially saddled with crap scripts and an attempt to make up for bad stories with special guest stars in each episode.  Towards the end of his stint they actually got good again and started to lay the foundations for the current series: the "undercurrents" of mystery about the Dr's past and who he really was, etc..

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #27 on: 13 April, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »
That one in the loin cloth.

Ah, that poster was on my bedroom wall.

Still, I see one can now buy a poseable butt-plug Leelah doll which is not something I would have thought possible.

Hope this helps.

H

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #28 on: 14 April, 2008, 08:25:45 pm »
I think McCoy was fab.
Getting there...

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #29 on: 20 April, 2008, 11:59:27 am »
McCoy was dreadful as was Sophie Aldred. Sorry. It was probably because they reflected the hideous era from which they came so well. I liked the assistants back when they were up tight english gentlemen engineers in knitted ties and tank-tops and vaguely beatnik girls back at the start... Romana was at least powerful and interesting in her own right too.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #30 on: 20 April, 2008, 12:42:54 pm »
McCoy was dreadful as Sophie Aldred.

Yes, I though that too.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #31 on: 20 April, 2008, 01:16:48 pm »
If you don't want Sophie Aldred I'll have her.  You can keep your Catherine Tate  ;)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.