Author Topic: Don't worry!  (Read 3653 times)

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
Don't worry!
« on: 04 April, 2008, 09:00:18 pm »
Me and my Dad (chris) are going away to Scotland for a fortnight. We will be away from most forms of technological communication (including computers and my mobile can't handle internet) and therefore unable to post on yACF. But do not worry, we will be back!  ;D

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: Don't worry!
« Reply #1 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:01:13 pm »
Anywhere good?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
« Reply #2 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:06:33 pm »
Isle of Bute, on the West Coast. My Dad has said that weather permtting we can ride on the Cowal penisula to Tigh-na-bruaich (House on/at the banks) and back.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:14:50 pm »
Bute's a cracking wee island to go around - nice quiet roads once you get out of Rothesay itself  ;D

You should look into doing the Three ferries ride

Fantastic day ride and some great views.  ;D ;D

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #4 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:44:02 pm »
Bute's a cracking wee island to go around - nice quiet roads once you get out of Rothesay itself  ;D

If the weathers good, I'm planning on doing the six ferry ride. Port Bannatyne - Rhubordach - Colintraive (ferry) - Portavadie - Tarbet (ferry) - Claonaig - Lochranza (ferry) - round Arran - Lochranza - Claonaig (ferry) - Tarbet - Portavadie (ferry) - Colintraive - Rhubordach (ferry) - Port Bannatyne. Only about 200km, but due to the CalMac time table, it's a ferry very tight schedule to do in a single day.

« Reply #5 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:48:16 pm »
Hmmm, never done the six ferries :-[

I assume that you do know that some of the scenery is "scenic"  ;)  Might be a struggle at the end of the day

Elleigh

« Reply #6 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:50:00 pm »
Have a good time

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:52:55 pm »
Enjoy yourself, Ceitidh - it sounds like a fantastic holiday you've all got planned  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #8 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:54:16 pm »

I assume that you do know that some of the scenery is "scenic"  ;)  Might be a struggle at the end of the day

It might be scenic, but it's easier than Essex! I just cant get into all those short up and down bits, I'd much rather have real hills.

« Reply #9 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:56:55 pm »

If the weathers good, I'm planning on doing the six ferry ride. Port Bannatyne - Rhubordach - Colintraive (ferry) - Portavadie - Tarbet (ferry) - Claonaig - Lochranza (ferry) - round Arran - Lochranza - Claonaig (ferry) - Tarbet - Portavadie (ferry) - Colintraive - Rhubordach (ferry) - Port Bannatyne. Only about 200km, but due to the CalMac time table, it's a ferry very tight schedule to do in a single day.

You'll go past my Uncle Arthurs house in Millhouse. I have great memories cycling there in 1989.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #10 on: 04 April, 2008, 09:59:28 pm »
You'll go past my Uncle Arthurs house in Millhouse. I have great memories cycling there in 1989.

Twice!

« Reply #11 on: 04 April, 2008, 10:00:32 pm »
he is next to the village hall.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #12 on: 04 April, 2008, 10:00:41 pm »
Enjoy the weather. We've laid on snow just for you.

And wind.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #13 on: 04 April, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »

It might be scenic, but it's easier than Essex! I just cant get into all those short up and down bits, I'd much rather have real hills.

Quite. You've got to be a real athlete to ride alongside the likes of Fatbloke and me.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #14 on: 04 April, 2008, 10:02:56 pm »
Enjoy the weather. We've laid on snow just for you.

And wind.

..d
I know, I'm prepared I'm taking my go anywhere Thorn Nomad. It's so heavy duty that Patrick Field called it a 'tractor bike'. ;D

alchemy

« Reply #15 on: 05 April, 2008, 12:05:44 am »
Enjoy the trip Ceitidh & Chris. I'm heading off into enemy territory in a couple of weeks...........I'm going to Melbourne  :evil: :)