Author Topic: PBP - Knowledge Resource  (Read 18708 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: PBP - Knowledge Resource
« Reply #25 on: 09 January, 2023, 06:06:22 pm »
That was where I had to add the organising club to my profile, whereupon my 1000 popped up with a confirm button when I searched for the homologation number. I imagine there is some Audax UK club number shenanigans going on that you need to sort out before the weekend.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #26 on: 10 January, 2023, 09:59:41 am »
Under <My Account> I only find the section for changing password (Username/Identifiant).
Maybe it's due to the fact I registered a few days ago (in 2019 I didn't take part to PBP).
I didn't notice, but when you register you only have to give an email and a password, if you choose "Non French" as your Current Federation (I don't know if you choose some French federation what happens). No name, no surname, nothing more.
I'll try again next Saturday when they open up for Préinscription: they'll surely ask your name!

I had the same experience today if that helps. It's my first PBP too. No option to add a name or club, so hopefully this will change before/on Saturday.

« Reply #27 on: 10 January, 2023, 10:02:42 am »
Is there a process for getting the same start time as a friend/family member? Or is it a free-for-all and both riders simply try and get the same slot?

Me and my Dad would like to start together in PBP (which was a relatively simple process for LEL).

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #28 on: 10 January, 2023, 11:23:57 am »
Is there a process for getting the same start time as a friend/family member? Or is it a free-for-all and both riders simply try and get the same slot?

Me and my Dad would like to start together in PBP (which was a relatively simple process for LEL).
go online at the same time and select the same start time. What you choose when you register for a place is not a preference, it is your start time. The only reason for not being able to choose the same timeslot, is if one registers, and then that start wave sells out before the other one registers

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #29 on: 10 January, 2023, 02:03:50 pm »

go online at the same time and select the same start time. What you choose when you register for a place is not a preference, it is your start time. The only reason for not being able to choose the same timeslot, is if one registers, and then that start wave sells out before the other one registers

That's good to know - thank you!

« Reply #30 on: 11 January, 2023, 07:09:43 pm »
Under <Results>  <BRM>  I see all of my BRMs but not my LRMs.

At the top of the page I also see a note that states:

The French and 1200+ BRMs are not yet available!
Registration in the PBP does not depend on the results in this list

On Saturday I assume that there will be loads of people who completed LEL etc wanting to register for PBP.  I believe that the second line in this note is trying to say 'Don't worry about it - it will all become clear on Saturday and you will be able to register'.  Does that interpretation seem reasonable?

That note has been there for more than 4 years, was there during the last 2019 pre-reg, don't know what it means

I wonder what number you put in to search for LRMs
yeah, I put in my LEL number and it came up with someone else's BRM. Don't want to miss out on the first group for having done LEL instead of a 1000 BRM

That's exactly my experience. All my 600, 400, 300 and 200 BRM events are there but not the +1000 ones, ie LEL2022.

I search for my LEL homologation number (as found in the Audax UK website) and I'm getting someone else's homologation.

I tried adding Audax UK to my club in addition to the Kingston Wheelers I already had but nothing changed.

I'll keep trying but it feels to me there is something odd going on.

« Reply #31 on: 11 January, 2023, 08:26:54 pm »

On Saturday I assume that there will be loads of people who completed LEL etc wanting to register for PBP.  I believe that the second line in this note is trying to say 'Don't worry about it - it will all become clear on Saturday and you will be able to register'.  Does that interpretation seem reasonable?

That note has been there for more than 4 years, was there during the last 2019 pre-reg, don't know what it means

yeah, I put in my LEL number and it came up with someone else's BRM. Don't want to miss out on the first group for having done LEL instead of a 1000 BRM

That's exactly my experience. All my 600, 400, 300 and 200 BRM events are there but not the +1000 ones, ie LEL2022.

I search for my LEL homologation number (as found in the Audax UK website) and I'm getting someone else's homologation.

I tried adding Audax UK to my club in addition to the Kingston Wheelers I already had but nothing changed.

The organising body of LEL 2022 was LEL 2013. Maybe adding LEL 2013 to your clubs might do something.

« Reply #32 on: 11 January, 2023, 10:42:45 pm »
 My personal problem is that I set up an account for PBP 2017 don't have the password and used a now non-existent email. Setting up a fresh account is I think confusing the config as my BRMs will remain linked to the old account.
And is it significant that LEL was an LRM not BRM homologation? Not a problem for me as I rode a 1000k in 2022.

« Reply #33 on: 11 January, 2023, 11:05:25 pm »

The organising body of LEL 2022 was LEL 2013. Maybe adding LEL 2013 to your clubs might do something.

Thanks Phil great shout. Unfortunately I tried and it seems LEL 2013 or any combination of LEL does not exist as a club in the ACP records.

I'm guessing (and hoping) the message "Registration in the PBP does not depend on the results in this list" means "don't worry, your LEL will be there at registration time".

« Reply #34 on: 11 January, 2023, 11:46:23 pm »

Thanks Phil great shout. Unfortunately I tried and it seems LEL 2013 or any combination of LEL does not exist as a club in the ACP records.

I'm guessing (and hoping) the message "Registration in the PBP does not depend on the results in this list" means "don't worry, your LEL will be there at registration time".

If I was "hoping" to use a LRM as my pre-registration longest 2022 ride I would want to know well before Sat noon (14/Jan) how to enter the right number / club etc. There are several "contact" emails on the PBP 2023 site and I would be using them NOW to ask for clarification. Come noon Sat (Paris) there will be thousands of hopefulls hammering the system and probably hundreds of questions to be resolved.

Multi-language web sites can be tricky, strictly speaking “registration” depends on your 2023 qualifying SR but your pre-registration depends on 2022 longest ride, I would not make any assumptions that rely on interpretations of translations .

« Reply #35 on: 12 January, 2023, 08:54:12 am »
I contacted them about the 1200+ events not being there yet and received the following response:

Hello,

Please come back on January 14. All the pages will have been updated.

Best regards,

Jean-Gualbert FABUREL

So looks like we'll just have to wait and hope they appear on the day.

« Reply #36 on: 12 January, 2023, 11:55:41 am »
I contacted them about the 1200+ events not being there yet and received the following response:

Hello,

Best regards,

Jean-Gualbert FABUREL

So looks like we'll just have to wait and hope they appear on the day.

Good to know

« Reply #37 on: 12 January, 2023, 01:02:08 pm »

Maybe it’s not there as normally LEL isn’t the year before PBP and therefore they’d be no reason to put it as a club for finding pre qualifiers?

« Reply #38 on: 12 January, 2023, 04:17:37 pm »
That was where I had to add the organising club to my profile, whereupon my 1000 popped up with a confirm button when I searched for the homologation number. I imagine there is some Audax UK club number shenanigans going on that you need to sort out before the weekend.

The 1000km Randonee was in France while I am registered with Audax UK. I tried adding the organising club (RC Anjou) to my profile but it is not possible to do this without a French licence number...

« Reply #39 on: 12 January, 2023, 11:30:02 pm »
That formula is fine if both riders have a longest as 1000 (or both 600 etc).
Otherwise, the 1000er should choose a later start time (say 45 minutes later) and the other rider, a fortnight later if a 600er, should be able pre-register and select the same start wave; mutatis mutandis. In 2019 I was travelling, huttoping (and wanted to start) with my fellow pub rider but he 'only' had a 600. Worked fine, and then we were switched 30 minutes earlier anyway in the 'big move'. Choose a non-on-the-hour start and best a 15/45. Be kind: leave the 00 starts to the arithmophobics.
Finally, now there's less than 36 hours to go, anyone with a 1000 really has no time pressure unless they really really want the first 90 hour wave: otherwise : all the start slots will all still be there for 13 days, even after a thousand plus have pre-registered.

« Reply #40 on: 13 January, 2023, 01:03:43 am »
even after a thousand plus have pre-registered.

For the 2019 Pre-Reg there were 2,431 BRM 1000s and 1,617 LRMs in the prior (2018) year and these resulted in 1,990 pre-registrations at the end of the first 14 days (prior to 600 pre-reg starting). There is of course some overlap in the BRM 1000 and LRM groups and some greedy people who will have done multiple 1000s and / or LRMs so lets say 50% of the (obviously very keen) group pre-registers.

The BRM stats for 2022 have not yet been published so an unknown number of BRM 1000s but there were 2,857 LRMs in 2022, most of the difference from 2018 being 890 LELs, & 60 other UK LRMs, LEJOG etc and a few hundred extra in the rest of the world.

So if 2022 BRM 1000s are similar to 2018 then you might expect 2,600 pre-registrations from this first group, many in the first week (day?) but French non-FFCT persons can't pre-reg until the second week (21st).

Maybe the 890 LEL veterans will take some confidence from their achievement and will decide that PBP being much easier (1220 cf 1540kms) they will pre-reg en-masse and this will become known as the "British" PBP?

Can't see any separate counts yet for French / Non-French so those GE. 2500 / LE. 5500 quotas will likely be collated somewhere in the background and may effect pre-registrations later in the process ?

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #41 on: 13 January, 2023, 05:32:30 am »
Only one 90h "vélos spéciaux" this year (in my recollection two in 2019); does anyone know if there are limits for that group? About 150 (200?) participants in each startgroup I think?

« Reply #42 on: 13 January, 2023, 01:30:19 pm »
Only one 90h "vélos spéciaux" this year (in my recollection two in 2019); does anyone know if there are limits for that group? About 150 (200?) participants in each startgroup I think?
Iirc, they (ACP) upped the wave size to 300. 26 waves to allow 8000 starts suggests that sort of number.
I don't recall a second wave of 90hr VS, while I lounged in the field beside the track to the start/timing mat and marvelled at the esoteric end of the spectrum. Many hours later the experience of being passed by that German-powered triplet was a 'whooosh and gone' moment.
However some VSs started on Monday morning ?W

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #43 on: 13 January, 2023, 01:43:41 pm »
VS is 90hr and 84hr only. No 80VS allowed.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #44 on: 13 January, 2023, 06:01:06 pm »
That formula is fine if both riders have a longest as 1000 (or both 600 etc).
Otherwise, the 1000er should choose a later start time (say 45 minutes later) and the other rider, a fortnight later if a 600er, should be able pre-register and select the same start wave; mutatis mutandis. In 2019 I was travelling, huttoping (and wanted to start) with my fellow pub rider but he 'only' had a 600. Worked fine, and then we were switched 30 minutes earlier anyway in the 'big move'. Choose a non-on-the-hour start and best a 15/45. Be kind: leave the 00 starts to the arithmophobics.
Finally, now there's less than 36 hours to go, anyone with a 1000 really has no time pressure unless they really really want the first 90 hour wave: otherwise : all the start slots will all still be there for 13 days, even after a thousand plus have pre-registered.
or the 1000er can just wait until the 600 can register, after all the places are not all going to run out, and this way they don't have to guess which time slots will still be available. That is, if riding together has a higher priority than getting a premium start time.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Zed43

« Reply #45 on: 14 January, 2023, 08:35:28 am »

They now link to https://www.randonneur.me/index.html on your BRM results page but that just gives you the number that is also on your validated LEL card.

« Reply #46 on: 14 January, 2023, 08:46:01 am »

They now link to https://www.randonneur.me/index.html on your BRM results page but that just gives you the number that is also on your validated LEL card.

I am hoping/expecting that there will be somewhere on the pre-registration form where we can put our relevant BRM or LRM numbers.  We will find out in a couple of hours time.

Zed43

« Reply #47 on: 14 January, 2023, 11:01:39 am »
"Database connexion error."

;D

« Reply #48 on: 14 January, 2023, 11:01:56 am »
'Database connexion error'   ::-)

I guess it is popular!

« Reply #49 on: 14 January, 2023, 11:02:43 am »
Looks like it's going to be a long morning!