Author Topic: Switching road bike to recumbent  (Read 1237 times)

Phil W

Switching road bike to recumbent
« on: 05 June, 2019, 05:58:05 pm »
I've been pondering this a while.

I'm half minded to take the recumbent to PBP instead of my road bike. I'm currently entered as road bike. I haven't been doing audaxes on the recumbent this year, getting the qualifiers done on the road bike. I'll be out trying to get my last qualifier, a 600 in 2.5 weeks. I'm going to use the recumbent for this. I did an SR series on the recumbent in 2017.

Is it too late to be able to change to a special needs bike or do I need to stick to my pre registration choice. I can't begin registration yet as my 400 doesn't have the ACP number yet.

I just think it will give a different slant to PBP than my 2015 experience.  Plus you've just got to love wearing normal clothes and the comfort of recumbents for 1215km.

Still got to complete a 600 so nothing certain yet. Just seeing if anyone has an idea?

Re: Switching road bike to recumbent
« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2019, 06:09:03 pm »
I don't know how you'd go about changing to special needs, but I've just checked and the 90hr is showing 0 places, although when I started my full registration process a week or so ago there was 1 place.

As for which bike, obviously I'm biased but laid back is the most comfortable way.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2019, 06:09:18 pm »
I think you'll be able to change to VS but it may take an email to 'the right person', rather than just changing start groups through the website.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Phil W

« Reply #3 on: 05 June, 2019, 06:27:21 pm »
Ok, I will decide after June 23rd. So may be seeing if anyone knows a contact at that point. For now I'll focus on getting this final qualifier done on the recumbent.